In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

California SUCKS

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Politics
SACRAMENTO, Calif. ? "California's Democratic governor signed a law Tuesday requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns to appear on the state's primary ballot, a move aimed squarely at Republican President Donald Trump.'
I don't care what these jerks do to their state but when they start screwing around with national elections that really makes me mad. I think Trump should go to California and do some rallies. He would do well in my opinion and I'm guessing the dems feel the same way and that's the reason for this crap law.

Comments

• Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully some conservative judge will step up and put a stay...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't matter much Californians in general have there heads too far up their behinds to vote for a Republican anyway.

P.S. there is now way that Californian BS will stand.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Primaries are a function of the Political Parties and of the individual States.

I really don't think we want the Federal Government to take them over.

California politics are approaching a third world level of single party control and corruption. It is a shame that such a beautiful place has become such a crap hole.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a conservative in kalif ??????? hiding in fear of more new taxes
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The SC ruled the state have no constitutional right on national elections for President or Vice President.

California nor any other state can keep a candidate for POTUS or VP off the ballot.

EDIT TO ADD ~ a state can keep a candidate off the 'primary ballot' but not the final ballot in a national election.

:D
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is fine. No ballots will be counted from Kommiefornia. That will work out great for Trump.