In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New suppressor

mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I became a Class 3 dealer (again) 10 days ago and have already put the SOT to good use:
cAG3m8Al.jpg
The can is a Yankee Hill Resonator, .30 cal with a QD mount for my 8" 300 Blackout. Dealers file electronically and approval took just 7 days. No multi-month wait for a NFA transfer. That's new for me because the last time I was an SOT, it was paper forms and US Mail. The range is closed tomorrow, but I plan to test it on Thursday.

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet!!

Good on you Sir. Congrats.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a friend that wants a suppressor. I have explained that I'm not that kind of dealer and cannot help them with that. He's a police officer and every police officer in this circle of friends has called us wanting to help him find what he's looking for. I finally told them to come over and I'd let them shoot some things behind the house just for the experience, but as far as buying that I'd have to steer them to someone else.

Barry just built an AR in 300 Blackout for one of our consignors that wanted something light to put his suppressor on. He was pretty happy with how things turned out.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You might direct your customers to these folks in Pelham, AL. They seem very nice, although they are not open on weekends. I have this .22 suppressor order with them and I'm awaiting delivery.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/811997933
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will tell them. I knew a couple guys, but both of them got out of it a while back. I'm at that age where I think I know someone that handles things and I soon realize the person I'm trying to think of died several years ago.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't play in NFA land, but a buddy of mine is a stamp collector. Nice thing about our local SOT dealer is that it is the pro shop of the local membership range, and they allow "conjugal visits" while you wait. Show up at the range when shop open (10-6 7 days a week), check out your suppressor or machine gun or SBR or SBS, shoot it, return it back.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    ...if it's a good suppressor,you can test at home,who would know,,,

awaiting range report,,
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    montanajoe wrote:

awaiting range report,,

I have things in my home called smoke detectors...they'll know.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have them go to Silencer Shop and pick their preferred dealer (We are one) suppressor gets delivered and they can "visit it" at our range until the paperwork comes in. :D Keeps my Compliance peeps hopping..

SOT paperwork is smoking fast these days, got one back in 3 days last week. 4 more on the board for the range next week!

I finished a .300 pistol build this weekend and was not pleased with the initial function test. Bolt Catch was less than stellar. With Magazine in it worked fine. Without the magazine looking at it hard made it release. Troubleshooting it still with my smith buddys, replaced the catch, spring, pin and buffer same issue (buffer tube is unique to my blade). Replaced buffer and spring. same issue Will switch charging handle next. If still an issue will change Bolt then will switch upper over to another pistol lower that I know has 100% function. Once its hopping, I'll work on a can for it.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    montanajoe wrote:

awaiting range report,,

They aren't THAT quiet. :lol:
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice Mark! That QD is particularly sweet. Is that in 300 blackout or did I miss something?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Harvestor on a 10.5" 300. Using sub-sonic ammo, the bullet impact is almost louder than the muzzle signature. Nearly undetectable from 200 yards away. I have a "Rugged" Razor QA in NFA jail that will handle any 300 ammo in any length barrel and certainly hope it's in my hands by November.
    Next stamp will be for a YHM Turbo K that's on backorder now.
    edited November -1
    I'm back from the range. It is an outdoor range, and even early in the AM, one hour in the Florida summer sun is enough for me! The can worked fine, and with no buffer change needed. The Yankee Hill QD mount works great, but without the can attached, the blast from the muzzle brake made me rather unpopular with the guys on the line next to me. With the can screwed on it was a different story. I fired standard velocity as well as subsonic ammo from Remington. I was impressed with the difference in noise using with standard velocity, and downright amazed by the noise reduction firing subsonic.

I'm looking at a Yankee Hill 5.56 Turbo suppressor right now. Yankee Hill had QD mounts for virtually every thread, so my original plan was to fire .223 in the .30 can. Now I'm thinking of a getting dedicated suppressor for .223.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Now I'm thinking of a getting dedicated suppressor for .223."

I have a PSD(Palmetto State Defense) .223 can that is similar in size to the YHM Turbo. There's definitely a difference between a dedicated .223 can vs a 30 cal on a .223.
    The Rugged came with 3 mounts and an extra .22 end cap so I sort of expect it to work better than a 30 cal but maybe not quite as good as a dedicated .223. I'm looking forward to having the QD feature vs thread on
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was that range Tenroc probably got there just a little bit after you left was there late morning to sight my 30-06 in
    edited November -1
    savage170 wrote:
    Was that range Tenroc probably got there just a little bit after you left was there late morning to sight my 30-06 in

That's the range. I got there early, did my testing and then left. Sorry that I missed you. I've got a 9mm can due in on Saturday, so another trip to the range is likely.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting on the night vision for my PSA build when that comes in I'll be making another trip there it looks like it is still on a 3 week BO I'd go more often if I didn't have to fight the I4 traffic getting there