In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Customs (international purchase)

asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I've never dealt with this before. Any y'all have an idea how expensive this could be on a $64.50 shipment?
Also, how is this paid? Does the delivery driver collect it, or is it paid prior to release by customs?

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    would help if ya told us all about it
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ship hundreds of things internationally every year. What is it, and are you shipping it, or receiving it?

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wellllll, ya see, it's like this.
    I recently decided to revisit the dark ages of photography and acquired a nearly pristine Graflex "Baby" Speed Graphic with the prized (by me) Graflock back. Said camera came with two 2x3 sheet film holders as well as the RH8 120 roll film holder. Being * retentive, I've been scrounging for a better film back such as the Mamiya RB67 or a Horseman. I found an ebay seller in Japan with a Horseman in EXC condition for $66.45 and $10.95 shipping. I've also found an RB67 back here stateside, but it's nearly double the price with $20 shipping. Since the Horseman is considered equal to, if not better than, the Mamiya I'd rather it. Which I buy is going to hinge on whether or not customs more than doubles the cost of the Horseman.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Most import regulations only apply to goods imported for commercial purposes. Most goods imported for personal use are not subject to duty unless their value exceeds $2000. Lots of people import camera equipment from overseas, and I don't think the duty exceeds 5% in any case.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's better than I had expected. Thanks Mark.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark Christian is correct. :D If it is under $2,000, you'll have no duties.

Merc
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i have had some fees attached to small purchases from chinee that did not show on the sale billing but on the ticket delivered with the purchase ????( yabe) 50cts...not a bigee but what they were and how many thousand purchases can add up