In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nice Day today

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I am having a good day so far.

I am sitting on the back porch, drinking Arnold Palmer's 1/2 tea/lemonade, my Dogs are playing in a baby pool, I am getting ready to smoke a CAO Brazilia Cigar and I have a Pork Shoulder in the smoker.

I will have Pulled Pork for dinner with slaw and beans.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great afternoon. Love those APs.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    very hot, dry, windy....no rain in sight
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its hot here too but I think we may get a little rain.
    RLTW

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're killing me Sam! I'm stuck at work witnessing the decline of modern civilization. Making matters worse is that we're paying for these damn oxygen thieves.
    I guess I'll just have to live thru you vicariously for now.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The BBQ was great!

Today I have to change to oil in my Car and my tractor. I need to run to the dump and get rid of all the used motor oil I have after today it will at least 20 gal.
    RLTW

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    The BBQ was great!

Today I have to change to oil in my Car and my tractor. I need to run to the dump and get rid of all the used motor oil I have after today it will at least 20 gal.

I share a 55 drum with a neighbor buddy, (read, he let's me dump my old oil in his barrel).

He sells it to a greenhouse a few miles away. They use old oil in an old furnace, to heat their greenhouse in the winter.

They even come pick it up. They have an old uhaul type van, with big tanks, and a motorized pump to transfer it.

They don?t pay very much, I think. Might even be a few plants for the garden come spring.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is a nice set up. I have to haul it to the recycling place about 20 miles so I let it build up. I keep it in 5 gal plastic buckets with the lids on and usually put maybe 3-4 gal in each. When I get to the place you have to dump the old oil in this big tank.
    RLTW

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody should be so lucky, Sam! Here's hoping that you're looking for three in a row!
    What's next?