In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

21 mass shootings in the United States in 2019

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
I will bet more banning of firearms and magazines will be happening soon

I copied from our local news station ( same channel one I posted earlier about the Dayton shooting )

21 mass shootings in the United States in 2019
www.whio.com/news/crime--law/timeline-mass-shootings-the-united-states-2019/LuYwI9WYecGM4R8GOUseCL/

Definitions of mass shooting are generally vague, but we used the criteria of at least four people shot and killed to create the following timeline.

Sebring, Florida SunTrust Bank Shooting (1/23/19); five dead
State College Pennsylvania shooting spree (1/24/19); four dead
Rockmart, Georgia shootings (1/24/19); four dead, one injured
Ascension Parish, Louisiana domestic shooting (1/26/19); five dead
Palm Springs teens shooting (2/3/19); four dead
Polk County Texas shooting (2/11/19); four dead
Illinois manufacturing plant shooting (2/11/19); five dead, five injured
Clinton, Mississippi hostage shooting (2/16/19); five dead
West Chester apartment shooting (4/28/19); four dead
St. Louis domestic gunfight (5/13/19); five dead
Des Moines family shooting (5/16/19); four dead
San Jose standoff shooting (5/25/19); five dead
Virginia Beach municipal building shooting (5/31/19); 12 dead, several more injured
Washington Indian Reservation shooting (6/8/19); five dead
San Jose relatives shooting (6/23/19); five dead
St. Louis apartment building shooting (7/6/19); five dead
San Fernando Valley shootings (7/24/19); four dead, two injured
Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting (7/28/19); four dead, 12 injured
Chippewa Falls Residential shooting (7/28/19); five dead, two injured
Texas Walmart shooting (8/3/19); 20 dead, 26 injured
Dayton Oregon District shooting (8/4/19); 10 dead, at least 16 injured
In total, that is 129 people dead, and more than 64 wounded at the shootings on this list.

Content Continues Below
Sources for this list include the New York Times, WPVI-TV, 11 Alive, USA Today, Desert Sun, CBS News, U.S. News and World Report, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, KPIX, ABC News, KAPP-TV, KGO-TV, LA Times and Wisconsin State Journal.

Comments

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the African American genocide - the black on black fratricide handgun apocalypse continues unabated in Chicago and Detroit and Philly and other dense urban enclaves...

And nobody cares - the news media no longer bothers to cover it - Beto has not rushed to Chicago to offer his assistance - Barack is not visiting his library...

Does not fit their narrative.

Mike
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait til someone uses gasoline in a crowded building, blocking the exits.

Would be mass murder on a scale that we have not yet seen.

They can limit guns, but there are other methods for the crazies to do their thing.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hobo9650 wrote:
    Wait til someone uses gasoline in a crowded building, blocking the exits.

Would be mass murder on a scale that we have not yet seen.

They can limit guns, but there are other methods for the crazies to do their thing.

I have said the very same thing repeatedly to those gun grabbers I encounter.

What if he had a 5 gallon plastic gas can, taped a road flare to it, and threw it into the bar? Much higher causality list/numbers. Ban gas cans/road flares? Crickets.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is there is no clear criteria for what is deemed a mass shooting.

Some sources set criteria where 4 people are killed.
    Others set the criteria were 4 people are shot in a single or close location.

Rolled into some of these numbers are home invasions and burglaries of businesses. I do not think they should be included.

My feeling is the criteria is where the only crime is the intended murder of the people in the location. No home invasion for robbery, no convenience store robberies or bank robberies. Nor should we count the criminal in the tally.

Using the criteria of 4 or more shot regardless of any other criminal act (robbery, rape), there have been 248 in 2019 so far.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder how many have perished in vehicle crashes so far this year? I would venture to guess it's WAYYYYY more than 129, but I hear nobody screaming for the banning of motor vehicles. How many people have been killed with knives, blunt objects, and plain old fists so far in 2019?

BTW,....there is no Constitutional right to own a motor vehicle.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drunk Driving By the Numbers

If you ever have thought about drinking and driving, hopefully the statistics detailed below will make you think twice.

In 2016, 10,497 people were killed in DUI crashes, and 290,000 were injured.
    Every day, approximately 800 people in the United States are injured in a drunk driving accident.
    Someone is injured in a drunk driving crash every two minutes.
    About 25% of car accidents with teenagers involve an underage drinking driver.
    In 2014, 16% of all drivers who were in fatal accidents during the week were intoxicated, compared to 29% on Friday and Saturday night.
    In the US, the number of DUI deaths has been cut by 50% since 1980, largely through driver education and public service announcements.
    57% of drivers who were fatally injured had alcohol or drugs in their system and 17% had both.
    Two out of three people on average in the US will be involved in a drunk driving accident in their lives.
    In 2014, 10 million Americans reported driving under the influence of illegal drugs in the last year.
    Americans drank too much and drove 121 million times in the last year. This is more than 300,000 incidents of drinking and driving each day.
    In fatal car accidents in 2014, the largest percentage of drunk drivers were those from 21 to 24, 30% of all accidents.
    Drunk driving in fatal accidents in 2014 was four times higher at night than during the day time - 34% vs. 9%.
    Drunk driving costs each American adult at least $500 per year.

Below is an illustration of the number of DUI arrests in 2013 per 10,000 drivers in each state. States with the highest number of DUI arrests include Kentucky, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arizona and Colorado.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    Wonder how many have perished in vehicle crashes so far this year? I would venture to guess it's WAYYYYY more than 129, but I hear nobody screaming for the banning of motor vehicles. How many people have been killed with knives, blunt objects, and plain old fists so far in 2019?

BTW,....there is no Constitutional right to own a motor vehicle.

Exactly Mark.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not much mention of the killings in other countries that numbers in the multiple dozens and hundreds.....??????
  • Ozzie50Ozzie50 Member Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    and now a mass stabbing incident in Florida.