In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IMO, the deal of the day...

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Remington 700 classic in a great hunting round, and a cheap price to boot with free shipping...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828189698

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Parker Bros. 12ga. SXS. :D
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have so much fun with his mixed lot of 13 dealer junk pistols...

Cleaning and cataloging and researching and fixing (parts swapping)...

Several weekends or hobby bliss and I guarantee I can pull one out and polish it up and create a data sheet - and by selling one gun I would recoup the total purchase cost of all 13...

Wow what base pure joy and plain old fun and skill utilization...

A great gunsmith in training - cleaning and research teaching tool...

Wow.

Mike
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike I like the Lucky 13 deal too.

How about the Swedish AG42B in 6.5!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828023771
    RLTW

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They definitely have a wide assortment of stuff for sale. Prices are very fair IMO too..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But I already have a LJUNGMAN and a HAKIM...

Yes it's a nice gun - a would love the chance to play with about half of the guns he has listed - and his shop looks amazing (to clean - to neat - to organized) lacking a certain clutter and some old world dust and overburden - hinting at forgotten or misplaced and overlooked treasures and talismans...

Mike
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been in that gun shop a number of times.
    Not far from my office.
    They pay pennies for used guns, and seem to prey on the novice. My opinion and observation, and the local buzz.......
    Anything nice and/or old and somewhat rare is way over priced and has been on their shelf for years.
    One of the few gun shops I find easy to drive by without stopping........... Ed
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,724 ******
    edited November -1
    toad67 wrote:
    Remington 700 classic in a great hunting round, and a cheap price to boot with free shipping...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828189698
    I once saw a box of 20 Weatherby 300 magnums in a gun shop priced at $58.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    .458 Winchester magnum A-square bronze monolithic solids (nickel plated cases) 20 round box
    Special order heaviest projectile offered for a custom built ruger #1 international model
    The customer bought 5 boxes for a hunting trip in south Africa cape of good hope - horn of Africa for cape buffalo

His back up pistol was a flat stainless BFR single action army clone - custom shop build with an 8 5/8" bbl - Magna porting - recessed target crown - non fluted cylinder - custom fitted titanium cylinder pin - manta ray skin grips done by a Japanese sword maker - oversized fixed combat sights - .50 cal Bowen (he ordered 5 boxes / 20 rounds each)

Trip of a lifetime - try and guess the cost of the ammo purchase of a lifetime (in 2010)

3 nice guns (he also had a carbine for camp meat and pest control)

Impressive.

Mike