In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went to my local yesterday

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
First time in about a month. Catching my breath after buying and socking away ammo like a crazed squirrel before July. Anyways I saw me a Pietta's Le Mat. I kind a want it even though there's surface rust and the $950 price tag. Joe mentioned maybe somewhere out there is a conversion kit? That would be cool but I doubt the shotgun barrel will be used. The coolest reason to own the pistol and Ed Harris has one in "West World".

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yoshmyster wrote:
    First time in about a month. Catching my breath after buying and socking away ammo like a crazed squirrel before July. Anyways I saw me a Pietta's Le Mat. I kind a want it even though there's surface rust and the $950 price tag. Joe mentioned maybe somewhere out there is a conversion kit? That would be cool but I doubt the shotgun barrel will be used. The coolest reason to own the pistol and Ed Harris has one in "West World".

Uhmn..........................................Yosh, I hate to break it to you, but it is late August.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thought it would be neat if centerfire clones of old firearms were made...always liked a Colt Root rifle or maybe a Kentucky style percussion rife with a break open style barrel ?????..been working on an idea for converting a 44 single action clone into a side hammer revolver just for fun....rainy day pondering
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******
    edited November -1
    Yosh, IMHO 950 smackers for a used rusty repro LeMat revolver would be akin to wasting some of your hard earned dollars!

I have several friends, who like me, are heavy into the old traditional black powder stuff and they bought brand new LeMat's.
    Each and everyone of them had nothing but trouble trying to get them things to function properly and all were sold off or traded away!

IIRC when those pistols were brand new, they sold for under 500 bucks. It is a cool concept and pretty sure the originals worked out OK but the repro's had lots of problems.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah $950 for a rusty one and new is even dumber price. Maybe I'll be happier with a die cast. But being in California it's paperless being a cap and ball (a ghost gun :lol:) and since it's cartridgeless (even truer ghost gun). If I bought it I maybe able to turn a profit :D.