In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It?s bull hockey.

If you work hard and aren?t a lazy POS, you?ll have the opportunity to make money.

My father was an executive in the banking industry with a college education.

I joined the USMC out of high school, then went into the bldg trades.

No one has ever given me much of anything, and I make out all right.

Inner city scum can make a million if they put their minds to it.

First step is get off your *.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,724 ******
    edited November -1
    My thoughts exactly, diver rig. There are no poor people today. In the 50?s and sixties, many families did not know where their next meal would come from. I knew many of the children of those families. Most of those kids went to work and pulled themselves up and now live a comfortable if not prosperous life.
    During the fifties and sixties, my dad was a union boilermaker, making good money and we had a hard time.
    He paid my way through community college and I learned the electrical trade. No student loans, no free college, etc.
    I got married in the mid ?70?s and we still struggled, even though my wife was an LPN.
    I didn?t really start to prosper until the early ?80?s, when Reagan was President.
    I retired at age 59, debt free.
    Compare the timelines. The above article is B.S.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    EW0302EW0302 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nothing in the Constitution, specifically the 18 enumerated powers that make it the responsibility of the Federal Government to address this issue. It is funny how the left ties this issue to tax and redistribution yet never mentions the flooding of the nation with unskilled cheap labor since 1964.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I call BS.
    Its a Bernie campaign ad.

Work hard, make good decisions, put money in the bank (not up your nose) and you will succeed.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    VWNaFGK.jpg

That is awesome!