In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Medicaid Must Pay for Transgender Operation

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Politics
Here is your politically correct justice that makes welfare money mandatory for sex-change operations! Of course, if I am straight and feel I need cosmetic surgery on my ugly body I am denied! Even If I pay for medical coverage! I say it's discrimination against straight people who are impaired with
Ulgy faces with beer bellies with no hair! :D

Gender nonconforming people? You mean they can get pregnant or impregnate after the operation?
serf

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruption-chronicles/obama-judge-rules-medicaid-must-pay-for-transgender-sex-reassignment-surgery/?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=corruption+chronicles&utm_term=members&utm_content=20190826161918

In his decision, Judge Conley cites guidelines issued by the World Professional Association of Transgender Health to treat transsexual, transgender and gender-nonconforming people. Treatments include psychotherapy, hormone therapy and ?a number of surgical procedures? to eliminate the development of unwanted secondary sex characteristics of the assigned sex, develop secondary sex characteristics of the sex associated with the patient?s gender identity and enhance the patient?s ability to ?pass? as the sex associated with the patient?s gender identity to decrease harassment, mistreatment and other forms of discrimination.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt there are many folks getting medicaid doing any procedure.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I think your wrong and doing transgender operations should not be covered unless it an organic problem, not a mental problem that they feel wrong about how they were endowed at birth with sex organs. I am told by my medical insurer that cosmetic surgery is not covered and even If I feel awful and neglected about my physical condition.

serf

Under federal rules, Medicaid must cover physician and hospital services for medically necessary care. That said, Medicaid can require you to get approval before the surgery takes place. Your best bet is to have the surgeon's office contact Medicaid to confirm that it will be covered.

In recent years, Medicaid enrollment has surged across the U.S. and now, along with the companion Children?s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) program, cover more than 74 million people.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:

I think your wrong and doing transgender operations should not be covered unless it an organic problem, not a mental problem that they feel wrong about how they were endowed at birth with sex organs. I am told by my medical insurer that cosmetic surgery is not covered and even If I feel awful and neglected about my physical condition.

serf

Under federal rules, Medicaid must cover physician and hospital services for medically necessary care. That said, Medicaid can require you to get approval before the surgery takes place. Your best bet is to have the surgeon's office contact Medicaid to confirm that it will be covered.

In recent years, Medicaid enrollment has surged across the U.S. and now, along with the companion Children?s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) program, cover more than 74 million people.

If it means getting the he/she wanabe votes, a DEMOCRAT will make the promise.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    serf wrote:

serf

If it means getting the he/she wanabe votes, a DEMOCRAT will make the promise.

I did not say right or wrong.. I suggest not many people at that age will be having anything done.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wasting taxpayers money on feel good crap...
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    really a big dilemma today, because he/she dont know what to say.....do it want peter to stay or go, really it is confusing you know....but not to sweat or not to worry, the surgeon is in no hurry......because if he cuts or fills, the taxpayers will PAY HIS BILLS.....he ought to put in both in plain sight, so anyway they go is always right......