In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UPDATE: Star Running Back Out For The Season...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
My Grandson Max took a helmet to the elbow in last weeks game and it fractured his arm near the elbow. No more football this season. He's really down because he's been scoring a lot of TD's and now he's going to have to walk the sidelines.

I was lucky with his Dad. I got him though football, baseball, basketball, Moto-X racing, and Golden Gloves Boxing without a broken bone or serious injury. Now Max is out in his second season.

xZHDtEl.jpg

LSGV3be.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him the chicks dig it though. :lol:
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, that's all part of sports and being an athlete, it happens to the best :( .........and don't forget to sign his cast Grandpaw :D......I see he's fine and on his way to the food bar as athletes are known to do :lol:

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    Well dangit,,,
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I played four years of college soccer and I must say, I was pretty good.
    My senior year I was captain of the team. I scored two goals in both of the first two games. That is a lot of goals. Life was looking good.
    Third game of the season, an opponent fullback made an illegal slide tackle on me, tore the medial collateral ligaments in the left knee, I spent my final season of soccer on the sidelines on crutches. Dammit!

So, good for this kid to learn these sports are not for wimps and you can really get injured.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UPDATE:

We just thought he was out for the year. The doctor released him this week and he had his first game back last night. Amazing how fast kids heal up.

He scored 3 TD's in the first half and didn't run the ball in the 2nd half because the coach didn't want to run the score up.

Max said he had to play good last night because his hero Lane Thomas, who plays for the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, was there to see him play.

He's # 31 and this one started out on their own 35 yard line and went for 65 yards.

Had to use a little stiff arm here to get loose.
    3yn1JZX.jpg

aiH3vcl.jpg

He's at their 40 yard line here.
    QWO0HxZ.jpg

And takes it in for the TD.
    RYXNtXz.jpg
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him the chicks dig it though. :lol:

YEP :D:);)
  • Options
    jrentjrent Member Posts: 89
    edited November -1
    He looks fast..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jrent wrote:
    He looks fast..

Yep he takes after his dad shown in this picture 39 years ago back in 1980.

LHG5tPS.jpg
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is good to see you being a proud grandfather. and it seems you have a participating role in the youngsters life, Good for you ! I was lucky enough for my kids to have their grandparents involved in their lives daily. sadly my folks are not with us anymore and in a conversation with my son just last night, I found out just how much my kids enjoyed my folks being there for them!!!! so now its my turn to be in my kids kids life , YeHa ! Good on you Sir !
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a little tiger! Glad to see he is back on the field.

Great sport, I played high school football for 5 years and I started at linebacker senior year. I learned a lot by playing football I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.