In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Last week I posted a topic about rawhide chewies and trying to find a better price than what I was paying. I guess I was lucky in that the price I was paying kept me from buying them very often. I had no idea they could be detrimental to a dogs health. So thank you, all of you, who took the time to explain to me the error of my ways!!! Bella and my future new puppy also thank you. My wives Italian designer shoes are also thankful to all of you!! :lol: Since I know the puppy (When I get her) and I will be sleeping in our detached garage (Not to mention that I will be living a celibate lifestyle!) if the puppy chews Hot Momma's Italian shoes I am grateful for the advice!!

Kasey, I took your advice and ordered in the chewies you recommended! Bella gets to take these new chewies for a test chew tomorrow after I pick them up tomorrow morning. When I told her she was getting new chewies she got all excited!! :lol:

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dreher wrote:

Kasey, I took your advice and ordered in the chewies you recommended! Bella gets to take these new chewies for a test chew tomorrow after I pick them up tomorrow morning. When I told her she was getting new chewies she got all excited!! :lol:

Who?

Kasey? :o :? :D:lol:

Just kidding, just kidding.

I try to buy Smoked pigs ears from our local farm store. Boiled in Beef broth then smoked. Product of the USA. I feel comfortable giving them to my Buddy. He loves them. One each morning when he runs/walks each morning to his crate/cage, when he hears the bag rustling. I feel guilty, if I can not leave one for him each morning that I am leaving off to work.

Any writing/marks on the pigs ears, are in English. (1 in 10 maybe.) Not Chinese writing on the Pigs ears.
    Plus, I trust where I am getting them from.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to buy Smoked pigs ears from our local farm store. Boiled in Beef broth then smoked. Product of the USA. I feel comfortable giving them to my Buddy. He loves them. One each morning when he runs/walks each morning to his crate/cage, when he hears the bag rustling. I feel guilty, if I can not leave one for him each morning that I am leaving off to work.

Any writing/marks on the pigs ears, are in English. (1 in 10 maybe.) Not Chinese writing on the Pigs ears.
    Plus, I trust where I am getting them from.

Any Mus-slime writing in a pigs ear means - Very Fresh. :D
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hobo9650 wrote:
    Any Mus-slime writing in a pigs ear means - Very Fresh. :D

LOL. That's awesome. :lol::mrgreen:
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of that Far Side comic.
    I'll see if this direct link posts:
    just-an-old-dog.jpg
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also affordable as a treat - and the dogs go crazy for small pieces...

Slim Jim's and jerky - all natural stuff...

Bison and deer and elk and turkey and pheasant and ptarmigan and duck and pork...

Pure protein.

Mike
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can buy 8 hot dog. for $.99
    we freeze them and give them to the dogs as a treat when it is hot.
    they can also be used to give pills to your dog. cut them in sections, take a little out of the center, insert pill and give to fido
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What no love for the Bully Stick?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great cartoon...larson is nuts.......also buy NO pet eats made in chinee
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited November -1
    The "pet" industry has made a killing on every part of a pig except the OINK! :lol: oh, wait...?I'm pretty sure AMAZON offer's oink's on line! :o
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******
    edited November -1
    mrsdeere makes dog treats out of canned pumpkin. The love ?em!
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brookwood wrote:
    The "pet" industry has made a killing on every part of a pig except the OINK! :lol: oh, wait...?I'm pretty sure AMAZON offer's oink's on line! :o

Since snouts and snooters and pig ears and whole cracklin fried skins and even pickled pigs feet have become regular ethnic food sources...

The pig hooves and * and brains seem to be the only unused portions - but even the hooves seem to now be dog treats - and the tusks jewelry - and the offal or innards used in dog food or hot dogs or scrapple and spam...

I think they will feed whole pigs to pigs...

They did make a muscle car with a meep meep horn...

But why not a dodge or Plymouth or Chrysler with an oink oink horn and a pig logo or mascot...

Mike
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brookwood wrote:

Might check with Lexxa if you need some. :)