In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

an interesting read

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
came across this website and spent some time checking it out..

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/index.html

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yep I agree, interesting. Thanks
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I shoot a lot of 22 LR, from handguns. This site agrees, with the crono reading I get. Amuses me greatly that the spread of 22 RF velocities. From handguns, isn't as much as most folks think. The maximum deviation, between the CCI Standard Velocity, and CCI Mini Mags solids. Is much less than 150 FPS, in all the testing I've done.

When I use to post, on the Rimfire Central site. Got a lot of flack, from the ninny's, who swore on the good book. That shooting even one box of Mini Mags, from any High Standard auto. Would cause it to self destruct.

During the Obama ammo famine. They would recount, with tears in their eyes. How they had to give up shooting, because they couldn't find any CCI Standard Velocity 22's. And they were afraid to shoot, any other ammo in their guns.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't put Stinger's threw my HDM but it eats mini mags just fine. It is the best shooting 22 autoloader I have ever shot, including some 41's.