In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 12 adjusting ring DRAW

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester model 12 adjusting ring I want to list on the auctions. My parts source lists these as from 1/4" draw to 1 1/8" draw. How do I determine the draw of mine?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    winchester had 7 different adjusting rings listed in their parts book.................unfortunately NONE of them are marked as to which one it is/ by guess & by gosh
  • Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What does "Draw" mean? Is there a way to measure it?
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is the relationship of the interrupted threads to the full threads.
    Comparing different rings side by side you can see the different clockings of the thread"s slots.

Some reading here for you...
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60127

The meat of the thread....

"""""Hello JMeeks: Well when you have all 7 lined up it's easier to see the difference. It has to do with the clock of the interupted threads and the locking teeth. The interupted threads are always 180 degreese apart. Depending on where the lead threads are positioned determines how much draw you get. As you go up in number on the sleeve, it allows for more draw. The wear points are the end of the barrel around the chamber, and the chamber ring.

The sleeves are numbered on Md 12's, Md 97 sleeves have an "alpha" designation, although it's the same sleeve. There is only a few degrees difference between each adjusting sleeve. Meaning from a 1 to a 2 or a 2 to a 3. But if you compare a 1 to a 4 or 5, the difference is more apparent.

Regards Dave """""