In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opinions on last round bolt lock

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
This is fairly specific not a general yes/no.
I'm assembling an AR platform Glock mag 9mm "pistol" and there are a few lowers that provide last round bolt hold open feature. I've become fairly used to having this on the various AR platform guns I use but not sure if:
A: The bolt hold open feature is viable
B: The itty bitty link that operates the feature is strong enough
C: How well that link will accept various brands of Glock mags.
D: The only real diff is bumping the bolt release vs just racking the bolt and I don't do much (any) shoot to bolt lock anyway.

So, I'm not certain that spending the additional $30-40 for the feature is worthwhile or wasted.

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My exposure to PCCs is watching other people shoot them at IDPA and USPSA.
    I don't think I have ever seen anybody shoot one dry.
    So I don't know about A, B, and C. For D, see above.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this gun may possibly be used in a moment of high stress I vote you keep it identical to what you are used to.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If this gun may possibly be used in a moment of high stress I vote you keep it identical to what you are used to."

Good point. The primary intent of this particular "pistol" will be as SD weapon to be carried in my work vehicle to provide more range/accuracy than the average CCW handgun. In the short term, it will have an "arm brace" and blast forwarder muzzle device. Ultimately(after the interminable waiting period), it will include a suppressor.