In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

German Swastika markings Bolt action experts ..

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
Been on auctions for 20 years but cant post a damn picture here in the forums .. If you are an expert on German bolt action rifles with markings early mauser please PM me your email and I will send you pics ..need some help with this one thanks

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On this forum software, you can post pics right from your PC pic files.
    Clk on Reply, and scroll down below where you would type.
    Clk on Attachments
    Clk on Add Files
    That will open your pic files
    Clk on your pic, then Clk Open
    Repeat for the pics you want in that post.
    Clk Preview to see what it'll look like, Submit when you're done.
    It's a helluva lot easier and faster to do, than it took to type this. 8-)
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trap55 is exactly right if you want to go directly from your device (desktop, laptop, I-Phone or Android phone) to posting photos here on Gunbroker. Follow these directions and you too can be posting photos for our input or just illustrating your post.

While it is convenient to store your photos on your device it can be awkward and time consuming to find just the right photo when you need it. Ask anyone (most people nowadays) who depends on their phone as their camera and photo storage. It will make you nuts scrolling through hundreds of pictures which are only organized by date. And worse, the Cloud is not safe or reliable as the media has shown us. Hacking is a common place occurrence. Ask all those starlets who had their nude photos hacked and published...

It is much simpler to organize your photos on your device in folders with representative labels then store them. Labels like "Mauser M98 Ser. #XXXXX" or "Bobby's Birthday 2019". Yes, it takes another minute to accomplish this but it will save hours searching through every photograph you've ever taken.

Storage

I do store some photos on my desktop for rapid retrieval and frequent usage but most go onto some form of offsite storage like a thumb drive, or stand alone Hard Drive available through Amazon and Office Depot. Hard Drives are now available in HDD (standard magnetic disc and motor) or SDD (Solid State or flash drive, no moving parts). For low volume folks a simple thumb drive with a label attached will be a marvelous improvement. These can be purchased with huge amounts of storage for very reasonable prices. You can also use the smaller capacity thumb drives for each subject and make the drive itself a folder. On sale they can be downright cheap. These offline or offsite methods of storage also protect your photos from device failure which occurs more often than you might realize. I just lost my 3 year old desktop to a complete failure which the experts can't explain to my satisfaction. I didn't lose a thing; pictures (tens of thousands), testing data, reloading data, notes and articles totaling thousands of pages because I have a backup storage system (and a backup for that one...). In 30 years I've accumulated far too much information which cannot be replaced, to take a chance on some stupid piece of cheap Chinese electronics which will fail. Please spare me the details of your exceptional, long lived desktops.

For the heavy user or professional photographer, storage alternatives range all the way up to NAS systems with dozens of TB available in rack mounted configurations.

Fixing your pictures

You can also get Free Software which can be used to crop, adjust color, red eye, etc. and function in tandem with your choice of storage. I have used Irfanview for a couple of decades because they update their software with improvements for free. It's simple and straight forward to use unlike most of the other software.

Enjoy the experience of posting your own photos simply!

Best.

https://www.irfanview.com/