In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"Rossi" 22 rifles/carbines

asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
What might be the quality level of these? Thanks

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their (Rossi) quality varies a lot over the years. Unless it was really cheap I wouldn't buy one without inspecting it first.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    As Charlie said, quality varies. The guns imported by InterArms tended to be good, in fact I had a Rossi SS .22 revolver that was very nice and shot well. When Taurus acquired Rossi and rebranded them as BrazTech, quality suffered. That was in around 1999...give or take a year. The InterArms guns are worth considering. BrazTech? Not so much, IMO.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See my reply in general discussion about the rifle I'd never buy again. Bob
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but....unless a Rossi or Taurus is stamped BrazTech, you cannot get warranty service. Or will let you pay for service. Or, parts.

There used to be a gunshop that provides parts & service for some non-BrazTech models, all at your expense.

Neal