In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UPdate: Check out this auction

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/835259502

For someone wanting a clean case colored Winchester Model 1890 with a hard to come by front sight at a great price, this is a nice one despite having been re-barreled according to the letter.

Looks like the high bidder is from the same town as the seller...or am I wrong? If right, it's not a situation I'd like to be in.
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is nice

he has some nice stuff for sale.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    That is nice

he has some nice stuff for sale.

It is nice, Sam, and for someone wanting a first class Model 1890 shooter for small game and plinking, this certainly looks like it might fit the bill.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTT
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:
    BTT

Looks like the high bidder is from the same town as the seller...or am I wrong? If right, it's not a situation I'd like to be in.
    What's next?
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:
    kimi wrote:
    BTT

It's very possible the high bidder, who appears to be a private party, watches the sellers auctions. The seller appears to be an FFL. We have local people that watch our auctions too, most of the time I didn't know the person even did until they won something and we see their name on the buyers info.

There isn't any info here that would make me too suspicious. If the seller instantly relisted it or something then I'd say its suspicious but I'm not concerned right now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:
    kimi wrote:
    BTT

It's very possible the high bidder, who appears to be a private party, watches the sellers auctions. The seller appears to be an FFL. We have local people that watch our auctions too, most of the time I didn't know the person even did until they won something and we see their name on the buyers info.

There isn't any info here that would make me too suspicious. If the seller instantly relisted it or something then I'd say its suspicious but I'm not concerned right now.

All God points. Thank you.
    What's next?
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:

For someone wanting a clean case colored Winchester Model 1890 with a hard to come by front sight at a great price, this is a nice one despite having been re-barreled according to the letter.

how would you know this ? where did you get the info on the high bidder from ? I don't see any info listed about the high bidder other than his feed back
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:

how would you know this ? where did you get the info on the high bidder from ? I don't see any info listed about the high bidder other than his feed back

Click on high bidders feedback. He didn't have any items for sale so look at his seller feedback and click on his most auctions item number.

Lots of tricks you learn when you spend 5-6 hrs a week on the auction side haha.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1

;)
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:

;)

just to be clear,, the smilie face I used was because i didn't know about the clicking on the feedback , not because the High bidder was from the same town as Acrylictnk,

if you knew any thing at all about Acrylictnk you would never had made this post and by rights and Forum rules the post should be taken down
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Late on answering this. There for a moment I was reminded of Bernie Sanders and his "let me be clear" sister, Pocahontas. :shock: :lol: Seriously, though, if you are correct...you have to admit that once in about 20 years ain't a bad record! :D
    What's next?