In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

another die.....ing???

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Ask the Experts
Also in my quest to help clear an estate of an old friend, I came across a set of factory Weatherby dies. The F/L die is for a 270WM, but the seater die is an open window type, with "Weatherby Universal" engraved on it. From what little I've found on the seater die is that you can buy various inserts for different diameter bullets. Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

Todd

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first set of 223 dies were Hollywood? (sorry that was 1977) and it had a floating seater bushing in a window. That rifle was my only failure at producing better ammo than factory. I tried 3 different die sets in like 5 presses with every powder, bullet and primer I could buy but it always shoot factory ammo slightly better than mine. I gave the rifle to a friend that said he would buy the factory ammo to feed it.
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Haven't been at the site, for a long time. There is or was, a loading tool collectors association, web site. You might try GOOGLEing, to see if they are still around and active. Although GOOGLE, hasn't worked very well for me recently. Every time i've tried using it recently. I get a message, how they have changed their privacy polices. And can't research stuff. Like in the old days.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good reference call from Rufe...

The forum he referenced is were I gathered much of the information I need weed when I acquired my .14 Donaldson Wasp...

COTW and Gun Digest vintage publications and period correct industry loading guides often contain such "lost" information and data.

A point of consideration.

Mike