In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PACT animal cruelty act

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Politics
I think we all agree the feds have no legitimate authority to make laws on this subject.

I've emailed my Senators.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    No, everyone doesn't agree:

https://forums.gunbroker.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1886420

Does anyone have anything new to add?
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The one person in 14 who stated "I agree with this law" did not address the issue of whether or not the feds have authority to enact such legislation.

The point of my post was, "How many are contacting their Senators about this?"
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1

The one person in 14 who stated "I agree with this law" did not address the issue of whether or not the feds have authority to enact such legislation.

The point of my post was, "How many are contacting their Senators about this?"

In that case, this is a political thread and it belongs in the Politics Forum. Thanks for making that point.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeh. the issue is not whether such a thing should be a crime, but whether the Feds have the authority to make it a crime. and prosecute it, and punish criminals for it.

does it make sense to have shoplifting be a federal crime? or speeding? or burglary? and so on.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just more CRAP from the folks who think meat comes from the store and self identify as "pet parents".
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mobuck wrote:
    Just more CRAP from the folks who think meat comes from the store and self identify as "pet parents".

Would that include those who claim to "need an emotional support pet" to take with them everywhere?

I have no problem with certified service animals allowed anywhere but draw the line at 'support pets' that is a bunch of B.S. IMO. However, if there is such a thing as a "emotional support pet" for mine, I choose a .45 ACP 1911. ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock: