In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prayers For A Friend

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Im about 99% positive he is on drugs. I am not sure what, i would guess coke. I know he has tried it and liked it but im scared its heroin because its cheaper.

Since August he has not paid ANY bills and has pawned a lot of his tools. He owns his own little construction company. They repossessed his truck, turned off his phone and they all are homeless.

He dropped his 4 kids off at his ex wifes house. 1 kid is hers and the others are the girls he is married to now.

He used to call me 5 to 10 times a week and stop by 3 to 5 times a week and now since August i might have seen from or heard from him 4 times.

He is the same age as my kids but he grew up hard. He started working for me at 18 and we have been friends for about 18 years. I have helped him as much as my kids or more.

His Dad left when he found out she was pregnant. Another man married her but she had to give the kid to her parents so the kids grandparents raised him.

I taught him how to treat a lady, work ethic, help raise kids, helped him when no one else would.

My first wife got hooked on drugs and there was nothing i could do to help her get over it. She went to rehab at least 6 times and was involuntary committed at least 12 times. She went to prison for at least 3 years and never changed.

When my first wife died i had been married again about 8 to 12 years. My daughter was about 8 or 9 when we separated and about 11 or 12 when i got married again.

When my 1st wife died i tried my best to get my daughter to go to her Moms funeral but she would not go. All she would say was Theresa my wife now was her Mom.

To this day she has never been to her moms graveside. She does not even know the city she is buried in.

Drugs do horrible things to people i really hope he can beat it for him and his kids.

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,411 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Prayers for your friend, Dave.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sent from here Dave.

I was in your town yesterday and there are a lot of sketchy looking people wandering around Rocky Mount. I went to the Smithfield Chicken and BBQ and there were some people that looked strung out to me.
    RLTW

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Dave, all the signs are there. Take a look at the person he's married to now, is she all jacked up too? Very likely they started together. It sucks to have to stand by and watch someone you care about go down that path. Unfortunately he chose the route, and only he will be able to change it. Until he bottoms out (and it may take a number of times) all you'll be able to do is watch. Drugs destroy not only the user, but everyone around them as well. I witness these human train wrecks throwing their lives away every day. I've also had several people very close to me destroy themselves in this manner as well. My thoughts are with the children and those around your friend.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for you and his family, I have seen a family go through this and it can tear a man's heart out