In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oath

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
This is the oath Officers in the military take:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

You can replace God with whatever your beliefs are or omit it.

So this chubby LTC that testified to congress did he violate his oath?

He serves at the leisure of the POTUS so he could get fired.

BTW I don't consider this political but if the mods do please move it.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still his opinion over stated fact, the President said clearly NO QUID PRO QUO the OPINION of those who don't like him can't override the stated facts.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump is not a domestic enemy so did this guy violate his oath? He said he went to his "superiors" what did they tell him? If they told him to drop it and he didn't then he jumped the Chain of command, not a smart move unless he has a cause to do so.

If this had been against hillary I wouldn't give a wooden nickle on this guys chances but since its against Trump I bet he is held up as a role model.

IMO he doesn't look like he could pass the Weight test.........he is chubby with a double chin.
    RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mogley98 wrote:
    Still his opinion over stated fact, the President said clearly NO QUID PRO QUO the OPINION of those who don't like him can't override the stated facts.

What I find somewhat amusing about this whole debacle, that no one speaks to, is that Foreign Policy by the United States, has been conducted "Quid Pro Quo," for Eons. "Do this, or we will not do that." What is wrong with that? That is how the World works. Get over it.

Trump trying to investigate Biden and Son's largess in relation to their Ukrainian connection, is fair game. I would also like to know/find out, WTH happened. The Left is just screaming, due to one of their own being found out.

Perhaps now, we can further look at "Uranium One, Cattle Futures, The Clinton Foundation, etc." (Or) How a former "Community Organizer," managed to accumulate 11million dollars in order to buy a Seaside Mansion, in 8 years of "Public Service."

We are merely scratching the surface, of the corruption that has been prevalent for a long, long time.

My humble opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

IMO he doesn't look like he could pass the Weight test.........he is chubby with a double chin.

How many Senior NCO's and Officers did you see while in Sam, that could not pass a PT or a Weight Test, if their lives depended on it.

I am sure your interaction in Ranger units, reduced that # considerably.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree Ken but what about LTC Chubby?

You either have to carry you eggs around in 5 gal bucket to testify against your Boss and (I believe) violate you oath or this guy has serious protection to come forward on HIS Own.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

How many Senior NCO's and Officers did you see while in Sam, that could not pass a PT or a Weight Test, if their lives depended on it.

None in the units I was in.

Now some of the support and logistic units and NG and Resv, lots.........but this guy is an Infantry Officer and Ranger Qualified....... What does that tell you?
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Sam06 wrote:

None in the units I was in.

Now some of the support and logistic units and NG and Resv, lots.........but this guy is an Infantry Officer and Ranger Qualified....... What does that tell you?

That he is not REALLY qualified. May have been a long time ago. I do not remember seeing many Infantry Officers out of shape. Ranger qualified? Even fewer.

I have not seen the individual or footage you have been speaking about, so I am somewhat in the dark.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    That is the oath of enlistment.

The military Officers oath is as follows:

"Oath of Commissioned Officers

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    drl50 wrote:
    That is the oath of enlistment.

The military Officers oath is as follows:

"Oath of Commissioned Officers

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

I stand corrected, I guess as a 25 year enlisted guy I must have subconsciously put down the wrong one :oops:

So it looks like he may not have violated his oath after all. But he sure enough jumped his COC.
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Note two essential elements of that oath: it states the Constitution, NOT the government. And, it has no expiration date.

Those of us who took it and lived by it will do so until our death.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    Note two essential elements of that oath: it states the Constitution, NOT the government. And, it has no expiration date.

Those of us who took it and lived by it will do so until our death.

I agree Sir.

There those of us who took that Oath seriously, then there are those who treated it like getting a Drivers License.

I took it seriously, as did you.

There are enough who did, that will make a difference in the end.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

Looks like a military topic. Not to hijack the thread, but I've been thinking about asking thre GB higher-ups to combine the current Gulf War and Vietnam forums into a single military forum. Since neither of us are veterans, I was surprised that GBHQ appointed Nunn and myself to act as moderators for the Vietnam veterans forum.
    Thoughts on having a single military forum?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

Looks like a military topic. Not to hijack the thread, but I've been thinking about asking thre GB higher-ups to combine the current Gulf War and Vietnam forums into a single military forum. Since neither of us are veterans, I was surprised that GBHQ appointed Nunn and myself to act as moderators for the Vietnam veterans forum.
    Thoughts on having a single military forum?

Not having served in Vietnam or the Gulf, (in after Vietnam, out before the Gulf.) I would welcome an all inclusive "Military Forum."

I have perused both of the forums mentioned, and have posted to both, in the past.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would welcome an all inclusive "Military Forum."

+1

Have Rocky moderate it.
    RLTW

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just guessing on the guys weight, I heard he had been wounded by an IED and still carries shrapnel, not sure of the specifics of the whole deal where wound, when, ect, but if it was recent and he was still mending may explain the weight issue. more than likely the current job explains the weight issue, see a lot of these pentagon/white house military who are on the chubby side.......
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mogley98 wrote:

What I find somewhat amusing about this whole debacle, that no one speaks to, is that Foreign Policy by the United States, has been conducted "Quid Pro Quo," for Eons. "Do this, or we will not do that." What is wrong with that? That is how the World works. Get over it.

Trump trying to investigate Biden and Son's largess in relation to their Ukrainian connection, is fair game. I would also like to know/find out, WTH happened. The Left is just screaming, due to one of their own being found out.

Perhaps now, we can further look at "Uranium One, Cattle Futures, The Clinton Foundation, etc." (Or) How a former "Community Organizer," managed to accumulate 11million dollars in order to buy a Seaside Mansion, in 8 years of "Public Service."

We are merely scratching the surface, of the corruption that has been prevalent for a long, long time.

My humble opinion.
    I'm with you Ken, I believe the Dems are counting on the ignorance of the American people in this matter. Nancy, and friends know this will go no where as a practical mater, but it's all about public opinion and with the assistance of MSM they hope to continue a lie long enough that it is taken a fact. Hence the need for secrecy, because once again, there is no there, there. Once this becomes public, and there is a critical examination of the "facts" this will go away just like the Mueller report. This is just another effort to fake left so the American people do not see the failed coup that has occurred. When this fails, they will concoct something else. This will be non-stop.