In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Gun to me at least

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
I got a used USP 45. I had never shot one before. I have shot a MK23, USP 9mm and SIG 220's but never the USP 45.

I put 36 rounds through it yesterday and I really like it.

Very soft shooting gun(I shot some Hornaday 230gr +p ammo and 230 ball).

Accurate too. I guess the polygonal rifling promotes accuracy. I have found the same true with my Glock 30S it is one of the most accurate 45 acp guns I have(Except match guns)

I got a good deal on it too ;) Ricci threw in a left handed holster(I am a righty) so I am going to wear it like wild bill, butt forward :lol:

Thanks Ricci!

BTW he has some nice stuff coming up ;)
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,177 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did he pay you to say nice things about him ?????????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not this time :lol:
    RLTW

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC you were thinning out. I am too, I sold one a couple of months ago and bought two this month.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SCOUT5 wrote:
    IIRC you were thinning out. I am too, I sold one a couple of months ago and bought two this month.

I have thinned out a lot of stuff.

Since I have been selling, I also have bought 6 guns(Sold about 30 or so). I am just about to the end. Now I need to get rid of extraneous stuff...scopes, reloading dies, slings...................you name it.

I bid on a lot of stuff at what I think is a good deal and sometimes I win it.
    RLTW

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a USP .40C in a trade and it's the softest shooting .40 I've shot. The trigger is meh, just ok, but it does shoot well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought the trigger wasn't too bad, between a CZ and a Beretta in DA and about as good or better than a Beretta in SA, with a nice reset.

You are right it is soft shooting and the magazines are easy to load.

I really like it and I am going to shoot it in a few matches, I think I will shoot in a limited 10 class and just load 10rds in the mags.

I need to get a holster for it, I have a Blackhawk holster it might fit.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    I went out and put 100 rounds of Blazer Aluminum case ammo through it.

100%

This thing shoots darn good. So Soft shooting but its fast.

I am going to have to change the sights out though. I may go with Fiber Optic for the front and plain black which I like for the rear.
    RLTW

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy that one. I have a USP Elite that is a blast to shoot. Love the long sight radius!
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USPs are nice I love the mag release. One can use the trigger finger or the thumb. Mines the variation 3 (no cocked and locked feature).