In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remember these and these...

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Hi-Standard Model 10-B

300px-Hs10b-1.jpg

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828114153

We had 3 in the arms room they must have been "Procured" in the early 80's. 2 of them had these big * flashlights on them. I remember we took one to the Range and shot it, kind of old school cool.

Ken you need one of these :twisted:
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will stick with my Hi-Standard Riot pump.

So smooth, it will back cock upon standing it upright. :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But its a Bull Pup!

8-)
    RLTW

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    These were fairly common at guns shows in the late 70's and into the 80's. They were mostly range toys which people bought to play with, and weren't really functional as defense shotguns. At the time the design was sold to High Standard that company was having a lot of problems and they never supported the Model 10 they way they should have. The design made use of the HS Supermatic, which is a fine semi auto shotgun, but the trigger was terrible and the rotating but stock (if you can call it a stock) was worse. I don't recall ever firing a more uncomfortable semi auto shotgun. Many of the guns shortcomings could have been corrected, but as I said earlier, HS was not in the shape to do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I remember 2 things about it;

1. The recoil was brutal with Buck and slugs

2. The flashlight was huge! The 2 we had were a Mod A and B. The Model A had a flashlight integrated into a plastic housing, the one in the picture is a B model.

Its like the 1st Lasers.................They were huge!

Like they said in the Virginia Slims commercials; You've come a long way Baby
    RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tec KSG.

Enough said.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tec KSG.

Enough said.

Its a pump and it new and you cannot shoot it with a beard :lol:

This is a Auto Loader and was made in the 70's. This is cool. It can be shot repeatedly with one hand, if you are man enough ;)

Did I say its cool?

Imagine some cop with a brown plaid suit, white shirt and black tie, black leather shoes kicking down your door and blasting away with a bull pup shotgun with a big * light bolted on top.................That is retro cool
    RLTW

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did they work well?
    Sam06 wrote:
    Hi-Standard Model 10-B

300px-Hs10b-1.jpg

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828114153

We had 3 in the arms room they must have been "Procured" in the early 80's. 2 of them had these big * flashlights on them. I remember we took one to the Range and shot it, kind of old school cool.

Ken you need one of these :twisted:
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The heart of the gun was the HS Supermatic which had been in production since the mid 1950's, so functionally the guns were fine. Marketing was an issue. HS thought that PDs across America would snap up Model 10's faster than they could build them, so they had an LE ONLY sales policy. That doesn't mean that civilians couldn't own them, but the Model 10 was not available to dealers through normal commercial channels. PDs did buy the Model 10, but the concept of a futuristic looking semi auto shotgun replacing the tried and true pump shotgun in a police cruiser was a pipe dream. The Model 10 worked best with full power loads. Police didn't require hot loads in every situation, and while the pump action could shoot anything that would fit into the magazine, the Model 10 quickly developed a reputation for being finicky about ammo. With magnum loads it ran great, but the ergonomics of the design meant that firing magnum loads was an unpleasant experience. The Model 10 was ahead of its time, and timing in the gun business is everything.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ran like a top but they were hard on the shoulder. The butt plate thingy rotated so you could shoot it with it braced on your arm in a kind of hip/assault fire position.

Here is another retro cool gun:

The Bushmaster Gwim Arm Pistol

armpistol-imp.jpg

I shot one of these years ago...............the ultimate spray and pray gun, great to duel wield too one in each hand hosing down the bad guys :lol:
    RLTW

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "it will back cock upon standing it upright."
    You should get that looked at.