In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SAT-ACT

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Just why are the liberals threatening lawsuits against these long held admission tests to college ;)

Comments

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because they can't pay someone at the college to take the test for their kids without getting put in prison for two weeks any more!
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of the standardized nature of the test they are biased towards people who actually get an education in high school.

Unfortunately, due to the way urban democratic areas work, that ain't happening, and so those students "are placed at an unfair disadvantage".
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at Harvard.

They put a cap on the percentage of Asians they would admit - secretly making admission standards much harder to keep the number of Asian students low.

Conversely they were taking in African American applicants who did not qualify in an attempt to continue to play the race game...

They got caught.

Mike
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting for it in Chinese, Mexican and what ever else language DMV allows for their test. The thing I don't get is all the road signs here are in English yet they have tests in other languages. What's up with that?
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shoot yoshy just look around, no one actually reads road signs, let alone abide by them, no matter what language they are printed in...........
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    shoot yoshy just look around, no one actually reads road signs, let alone abide by them, no matter what language they are printed in...........

When I "look around" here in California I can blame "diversity" for the bad drivers :D. And yes I am a Japo but I can see over the steering wheel without a booster seat and can drive :lol::lol::lol: .
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at Harvard.

They put a cap on the percentage of Asians they would admit - secretly making admission standards much harder to keep the number of Asian students low.

Conversely they were taking in African American applicants who did not qualify in an attempt to continue to play the race game...

They got caught.

Mike

Yes, well said :!:
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In this liberal world we must dumb down the smart kids to level the playing field for the lazy and dumb kids so they don't get their little feelings hurt. Schools don't care as they make the same money teaching basket weaving or Afro-American studies as they do nuclear physics. This is the same as penalizing successful wealthy people by saying they need to give their hard earned money to the lazy and incompetent to make life fair. Bob
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Flyover Country we had a newspaper article praising the Young Deplorables who cleaned the ACT 36/36.
    Well that is great, but times have sure changed.
    It was the EIGHTH time they had taken the test, not counting practice tests and coaching.
    In my day, you took it cold, once and done. Not many perfect scores that way.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my day, you took it cold, once and done. Not many perfect scores that way.

Same here.

My Nephew took about 20 practice tests and had a class specifically focused on the ACT test.

I asked his mother why was he taking the ACT and she told me it was easier to get a good score on.

I took the SAT
    RLTW