In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dang and Double Dang

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
First anyone can remember that there is fishable ice on Henry?s lake in October and I?m in the doggone desert.

They have 3 inches of clear solid ice from several nights of -8 to -11 and no wind, oh woe is me that I have to wait until the 22nd to walk on the hard top up there.

Why, am I excited and distressed?
This lake has the ability to produce Cutthroat hybrids to 15 lbs and Brookies as high as 8 lbs and 4-5 lbs are caught by us on a regular basis.
And it?s a great lake to take kids. Easy access, just gets a might blustery at times. I take my snowmobile and tow a big sled with folding chairs and a small shelter for the little ones along with a big buddy heater to make the outing more enjoyable for them.
Been waiting for ice since April
Mule

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    You ice fishermen ain't right in the head.
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I notice yesterday when i was running out to western MN that most of the small ponds you could see from the interstate had ice build out several feet from the shore, tooo dam early for that crap , calling for chance of snow/rain mix most of next week :x
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A real fisherman would lead a pack string of ?mules? up to Henry?s Lake,,,,,,,,, :roll:

I don?t have enough snowshoes to fit them all :lol:
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gone are the days when we would make a huge fire on the ice, boil water for tea and roast hot dogs on a stick over the fire.

One lake we used to fish at set the record for Pike. Some were so big we could not ever get them through an 8 inch hole.