In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have thought the barrel would shatter or the firing pin would break.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have thought the barrel would shatter or the firing pin would break.

It?s a 1911. It?s not made out of plastic. People do all kinds of normal things in extreme cold, with metal objects. :o
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh, sorry, I thought 1911's had plastic barrels and plastic firing pins.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet my new Hi-Point would do that!!! :lol::lol::lol:

After thinking about it, I really do think it would not only fire but fire until mag was empty! If you want a cheap, ugly, heavy piece bouncing around in your trunk for a couple of years, than take it out and have it work, then Hi-Point is a great choice.

Kinda like doing big girls, it's a whole lot of fun if no one you know sees you with her!!!! :lol::D:lol:
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been at -65 degrees carrying a 1911 - a Mt Washington climb a few years back comes to mind. I'd hope my 1911 would have fired. Never really considered it wouldn't.
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not much hasnt been done to a 1911 to make it not work. it was designed to function no matter what an the round was made to stop an aggressor.