In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If you need to get in the mood tonight....

llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
How about Christopher Walken reading Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7G_fZYv8Mg

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had turned my back on all life, thus I dreamed. I had become a night watchman and a guardian of tombs upon the lonely mountain castle of Death. Up there I guarded his coffins... Life that had been overcome, looked at me out of glass coffins. I breathed the odor of dusty eternities: sultry and dusty lay my soul. And who could have aired his soul there?

The brightness of midnight was always about me; loneliness crouched next to it; and as a third, death-rattle silence, the worst of my friends. I had keys, the rustiest of all keys; and I knew how to use them to open the most creaking of all gates. Like a wickedly angry croaking, the sound ran through the long corridors when the gate's wings moved: fiendishly cried this bird, ferocious at being awakened. Yet still more terrible and heart-constricting was the moment when silence returned and it grew quiet about me, and I sat alone in this treacherous silence.

Thus time passed and crawled, if time still existed... But eventually that happened which awakened me. Thrice, strokes struck at the gate like thunder; the vaults echoed and howled thrice; then I went to the gate. "Alpa," I cried, "who is carrying his ashes up the mountain? Alpa! Alpa! Who is carrying his ashes up the mountain?" And I pressed the key and tried to lift the gate and exerted myself; but still it did not give an inch. Then a roaring wind tore its wings apart; whistling, shrilling, and piercing, it cast up a black coffin before me.

And amid the roaring and whistling and shrilling the coffin burst and spewed out a thousandfold laughter. And from a thousand grimaces of children, angels, owls, fools, and butterflies as big as children, it laughed and mocked and roared at me. Then I was terribly frightened; it threw me to the ground. And I cried in horror as I have never cried. And my own cry awakened me?and I came to my senses...
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    He married his 13 year old cousin and attended the University of Virginia. Clearly a demented individual.
  • pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never more quote the Raven, never more.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't need to get in the mood tonight, what ya got to get my wife in the mood tonight??? :cry:
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shall I ever again behold the maiden called Lenore? Quoth the raven, "How the hell should I know?"