In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

free to a good home.....unknown 20 gauge choke tubes...

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Going thru some of the loose items from the estate I'm helping clear out, I came across what appears to be 3-20 gauge choke tubes. 2 skeet and 1 I/C. No brand markings on any of the chokes, or the choke tube tool. I have 20 gauge Inv+ and Remchokes in 20, and these are different than both of them. They're just a tad (1/16") shorter than a Remchoke, but the threads extend farther forward. Someone wants them, they're yours. Shipping on me.. First pm gets them.

OAL is 2"....

So I decided to do a little research by going thru some of the estate records. There were some guns that were sold before I was invited to help, and I just thought of this. So after some research, I am 75% sure they are for a Ruger Red Label since there was a 20 gauge red label on the list, but gone. I don't have a way to tell for sure, so I can't list them....

Comments

• dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You think they would fit a Beretta Urika 391 20 ga ?

Mule
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dpmule wrote:

Mule

I believe Ruger chokes are threaded on the bottom as are most choke tubes. Beretta for some reason has the threads on top or muzzle end. Don't know why gun manufacturers can't standardize these things. Bob
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    dpmule wrote:

Mule

I believe Ruger chokes are threaded on the bottom as are most choke tubes. Beretta for some reason has the threads on top or muzzle end. Don't know why gun manufacturers can't standardize these things. Bob

Thanks for the info Bob.
    Only shotguns I own with screw in chokes are both Beretta 391 Urikas in 12 and 20. I did not realize they weren't standardized, learn something new daily.

Mule
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like they found a home....