In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auction stuff again

mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
I am back it it with auction stuff. Between my acquisitions an consignments, I am going alittle crazy. Plus I dont know what some of this stuff is :roll: :roll: Mrmike will help out as usual :D:D Plus who knows what I will end up with this weekend at the show. I love the fun stuff people bring me to buy.
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... ers=686181
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... ers=686181

Comments

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Link has:

No results found or search too broad
    Save this Search
    0 Items Found
    Grid
    List
    Filters
    There are 0 items that match your criteria.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Type 99 arisaka receiver group you did better then average and deciphered kanji markings to note point of manufacture...

Mums are ground.

Failing that and a note that Hatcher and PO Ackely thought they were the strongest receivers made of the bolt action military rifles and carbines from 1886 to 1950 and that they are good candidates for custom rifle builds maybe...

But you done good.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/840853056

This gun actually makes for a good solid snubnose EDC CCW revolver.

Balance is superb and quality is better than average - conceal ability even in a small leather snap holster with belt loop is fantastic

Lightweight and handy and easy to draw from even a seated position quickly.

They shoot point of aim and will eat most ammo.

A sleeper - a back up gun or shop gun or car gun or boat gun.

The girls both have one and love them.

Often overlooked treasure for those in the know.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/841315251

Easily worth double.

These are used to build custom rifles that accept rimless or rimmed cartridges as well as magnum or belted magnum rounds...

Once common and cheap now sparse on the ground.

Like the Siamese Mauser these receivers are special and buildable and bullet proof and strong.

Perfect starting point for the custom rifle build.

The pattern 1917 turned into the model 30 turned into the model 721 turned into the model 700 and that's solid DNA...

Arsenal and serial number and date of production and receiver crest markings will be important - could still be returned to stock for a collector or reenactor seeking a MIL spec example.

Well found.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Type C and Type D M1 Garand sniper rifles with CMP provenance???

You holding out on us???

MUST SEE AND MUST BID AND MUST WATCH ITEMS

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mmppres wrote:
    I am back it it with auction stuff. Between my acquisitions an consignments, I am going alittle crazy. Plus I dont know what some of this stuff is :roll: :roll: Mrmike will help out as usual...

Pertaining to auction items or personal items.

Once in a great while Mark Christian will ask me question - Trapp55 as well...

Ricci or locust fork or mmppres also put up quite a bit of items for sale or auction on GB as do a few others...

When possible I will try to comment on an item they have at auction and add to a descriptions content or bring attention to it here in the forums.

Most of you are in my eyes as close as friends and family - and if I can help out in any specific way please don't hesitate to call me out in GD or ATE and I will try and help.

Occasionally it may appear like I am being critical of an auction item or it's description but that is not the case.

Mmppres asked once upon a time and I very much enjoy reviewing his items and talking them up or creating some buzz or even addressing specific items and questions.

And he always gives me more credit then I deserve for trying to help.

As stated above I consider him a friend and colleague and am always ready to try to help out.

If any of you ever need some research assistance or help with a description or even just a second opinion please don't hesitate to ask.

I owe you guys that.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MrMike Thanks again for helping out. The M1D anC are from a consigner who worked with cmp to have both built to correct specs. Yes I have all kinds of goodies,just not enough time to get online. All of you wonderful member are welcome at my booth at any gun show I attend. Which is every weekend. This weekend I am heading to Youngstown show. Stop by say hi.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys just put some more great stuff or odd stuff depends on how you look at it. I get some crazy emails after the new stuff gets posted it keeps me laughing. Enjoy an have fun. Thanks for correcting some of my blunders
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Getting a frequent question YES i due combine shipping it it that hard to ask a auction when it states ask any questions :roll:
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If my research on the Ruger site is correct, the serial number on your Ruger dates it to circa 1981-82, some buyers get excited about knowing the DOM.

If you're really looking to find that niche market of people who like buntline size single actions I would suggest using the photo currently #2 as the thumbnail. My guess is $450 is about top dollar for a New Model even in a limited production configuration.

Good luck.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Henry took your advice. Changed the info. the consignments I give the owners some leeway for a few weeks to use the price the we go to reality. thanks again Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sometimes what I have to say - the tale that I can tell - the qualities a gun might have that often get overlooked - the lore and history and correcting often spurious nonsensical garbage that gets passed on can garnish a listing some second looks or seal the deal on an unfamiliar firearm...

I enjoy being able to tell my side of the story or pass on my personal experience - often shining light on affordable and forgotten gems that are now overlooked or passed by...

While sometimes my opinion rubs people the wrong way - you can be assured that opinion comes from real world hands on shooting and cleaning experience connected to hard research taken from multiple often obscure reference works...

It's nice that some select portion of the membership here respects or seeks out my opinion - I know some stuff and others no more or specialize in areas I have little experience in...

The arisaka receivers are a great example - I remember spending time at Jaegers in Jenkintown PA and watching his team of old school gunsmith turn out works of art from neglected military surplus guns - he specialized in FN Mauser actions and in arisaka actioned custom builds...

But today I doubt there are a dozen qualified experienced Smith's in well appointed shops still building out the Japanese actions - and people who should know better telling others they are sub par and dangerous...

Siamese Mauser's and pattern 17 enfields and mannlicher schoenauers and Mexican Mauser's and British SMLEs don't seem to get built out into custom rifles or nice sporting guns or wildcats anymore and that's a shame IMHO

And the oddball eccentric just plain weird custom guns are not found anymore - one of the guns I regret passing on was a Belgian rolling block carbine that had been rechambered to fire the 7.62 nagant gas seal revolver cartridge and was accompanied by a target / match variant of the Russian handgun in a nice little wood transit chest along with Dies and brass and accessories...

The carbine had a 16.75" half round half octagonal bbl with a recessed target crown and a Schnabel forend - double set triggers and a tang mounted peep sight that could be rotated to select from 4 apurature sizes along with a globe tube front sight that accepted various inserts including yellow and orange dot examples...

When I was young and stupid I passed on any number of such customized curiosities - not realizing how special they were or how much effort and work had gone into them.

I do remember the gent had a 50 foot range set up in his basement and he would hone his skill with these specialized somewhat under powered and seemingly useless anachronistic custom built bespoke arms...

I like the stories and I like to share and help out.

I appreciate being called upon to help out - to me it shows respect and value.

Thanks.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MrMike
    I have an enjoy the stories from those long forgotten firearms made by the many skill full hands those craftsman had. My sales in parts is way down due to the age of my customer declining. Dam kids today only want black plastic stuff. Now i am not against it. there is a market for it. Many many guys sell it. Just not me. Would rather buy a bucket of broken cut in half iver johnsons or such an enjoy the sear. This weekend was not bad on sales of guns. Parts slow thou. Usual p-17 an mauser stuff. Few regulars looking for hard to fin styre an martini parts. But as Mike states when you see a custom converted Type 99 or springfield 03 you can not only see the work but feel the love that went into it. Not the bubba work the real holy grail custom stuff. They dont sell for as much as a new rifle but in my book are worth 3 times more. Thanks for your knowledge an help. Your always welcome at my booth at any show. Keep your eyes open guys. Got some gems to put up for you guys latter this week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTT - Bump

Some good project gun materials and restoration possibility candidates for those with the skill or the time or those wanting to learn and try their hand and practice...

Mike
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mmppres, I think the issues with the links might be resolved if you use the chain option above. If you just post a link, it will try to parse it as a usable link but if there are spaces or other unusual characters, it can truncate the link. However, if you use the chain option above (when hovering over it, it will say [insert url:] link it will use everything between the tags
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well got some strange stuff up guys. Lots of parts kits from old good guns. Have some real nice old stocks but didnt get them up yet. Have fun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got some nice stock blanks up for auction have fun guys
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rare Ruger Single Six 9 1/2 inch Barrel .22/22mag revolver

Browning BPS 28ga Brand New shotgun

Winchester Model 12 Thumb Hole Stock shotgun

Weatherby Vanguard 30/06 with 3x9 Redfield Scope bolt action rifle

Two authentic M1 garand sniper rifles (C & D)

The Remington model 597 project gun / parts group is a secret squirrel super steal - the stock is quite nice and I have never seen that pattern (I have the matte grey factory stock and a custom made Boyd's laminate target stock) and anyone would love to have your camp variant let alone all the other spare bits and pieces - those magazines are pricey if bought new as well...

The scope and mount on the arisaka spotter are a gem of a vintage find for someone wanting a period correct look on an older gun - steel tube and a seldom seen marque...

I am not a wood guy or stock expert - but somebody will want the blanks you are offering...

I salute you sir you have again upped your game...

I advise checking these listings out - as always some hidden gems and some top shelf items along with some affordable odd lot pieces...

Bravo.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MrMike As always you are a gentleman an a scholar. I have been lucky to be in the right place at the right time. The number of old timers go out of business is so sad. The worst is when they pass an kids throw the rust,broken stuff away. Keep watching just set up here in Pittsburgh show, hopeing for a great show. Not sure what the weekend will be with hunting season starting on a Saturday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys just listed a bunch of items from last weekends gun show finds. Hope you find something you like.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got some stuff up for this week already for you guys. Have fun. An maybe MrMike can shed some lite on the weird stuff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    last items up for this week guys have fun good luck
    will be heading to the xmas show at Oaks Pa
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Posted a few more items before leaving for the weekend show. have fun guys
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Merry Christmas all Just listed a bunch of stuff from last week i found.Good luck bidding.
  • Options
    Got more stuff up on the auction side