In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SCOTUS Punts on Supremacy Clause

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/scotus-lets-sandy-hook-families-lawsuit-against-gunmaker-proceed

Headline:

'Supreme Court lets Sandy Hook families' lawsuit against gunmaker proceed'

Apparently the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act can be ignored by the State of Connecticut.

By way of full disclosure, I was not a big fan of the law when first passed, as I am not in favor of laws that are specifically created to protect or assist any single industry or interest group. Over time, however, my mind has been changed by the viscous political and social pressure being brought to bear by these well-funded groups that insert themselves in virtually every state and local race or ballot measure with the sole intent to impose upon the rights and liberties of the average American.

SCOTUS rejected the appeal without comment by any justice. Perhaps something will come out later. The bottom line is that SCOTUS has allowed a lawsuit to proceed that is specifically and obviously in conflict with Federal Law.

While the Supremacy Clause is alive and well when it comes to increasing the power of government, it appears to be dead when it comes to protecting the liberties of individuals and the right of legitimate commerce.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele