In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cop shoots guy in LA

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Some nut job was running around with a Machete on Sunset Bvd. He attacks one cop and chases the other with a Machete.

I cannot believe the cops even let the guy get with in 10 feet of them with a machete in his hand.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7724903/Shocking-moment-machete-wielding-man-shot-cops-attacked-injured-one-officer.html

I am not a Police Officer but I know a guy with a knife can kill you if he is within 20 feet. A guy chasing you with a machete should be shot ASAP.

I would say those guys need more training.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    TombstonejimTombstonejim Member Posts: 190
    edited November -1
    The problem is they have had too much training and now they are afraid to defend themselves.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above! This will be hard for the criminals family to sue but they will.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. Apparently, to prove you were in actual danger, you have to have already received mortal injuries before you can defend yourself.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^...damn near that these days Rocky. Trainees are schooled up to be so risk averse it's scary. But some idiots think it's ok to spend training time having recruits making those stupid dance videos.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    .... I cannot believe the cops even let the guy get with in 10 feet of them with a machete in his hand.

California State Law known as the Snowflake Defense Requirement for Law Enforcement: CSL 2019-666. Law enforcement officers of the state are not allowed to fire their weapons at any black suspect or suspects unless the officer is in dire fear for his/her/its life. Degrees of "Dire Fear" will be determined by the jury of the ensuing lawsuit.
    However, "Dire Fear" has been defined by Greasy Al Sharpton as "Chopping On a Pig With a Machete".
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without looking it wasn't Danny Trejo was it? Being L.A. I wanna say it as a Mexican? Is that racial profiling?

The new and improved LAPD (post Gates) criminals are acting a fool daring cops to shoot them. I reckon a few years LAPD will be like the cops from "Demolition Man". I hope they'll have a tutorials of the use of the three shells.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So is the answer to the problem 2 to the chest or one to the knee?
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent some time in Panama and found it interesting that every male had a machete. it was used to hold the jungle at bay.

I imagine, if you swing one long enough, you get to be pretty handy with it.

However, I noticed more and more Panamanians in the populated areas with gas- powered weedeaters (holding the jungle at bay).
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"