In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thanksgiving

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends.

Going to my brother-in-laws in about an hour.
Have to take the wife to work first :cry:
I hate when she has to work on holidays, but someone
has to take care of the older folks. She works at a
nursing home.

Have a great day all,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I for one appreciate what your wife does. My wifes much older sister became a nursing home resident about a month ago. Not something anyone wanted to happen but was necessary because of her health issues. Big adjustment for her and also the rest of us. So far the staff has been wonderful which has made the adjustment easier. Judy and I will be leaving about noon to have Thanksgiving dinner with her at the nursing home. This will be a first for us not having a traditional Thanksgiving at home but worth it to support her new lifestyle. If not for the staff monitoring her health every day including holidays, I am not sure how we would manage. So a tip of my hat and a hearty thank you to all the necessary workers who do their jobs on holidays. Bob
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 turkeys are in the smoker and the dressing is made.

The rest is on others I know mine will be food ;)
    RLTW

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all- from VIRGINIA- home of the first Thanksgiving in the US. At Berkley Plantation, Charles City County VA- 2 years before the Pilgrims threw their dinner party for the neighbors. :P

https://jamestownecalifornia.org/the-first-american-thanksgiving-was-in-virginia/
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good nursing home nurses are a God send. They are truly Angles on Earth doing a thankless job but they will be rewarded.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just pulled one out the other will be done soon.

My new smoker cooked them a little quicker than the old one. I have learned a few tricks like get the smoker hot an hour before you put the birds in and thaw the birds and let them warm up some.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Good nursing home nurses are a God send. They are truly Angles on Earth doing a thankless job but they will be rewarded.

+100

I called my Dad in the Memory Care unit and one of the CNA's was in his room. She answered the phone and I spoke with him a few min.
    RLTW

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

A good day to you and yours...

Mike