In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Drop your drawers, not your gun

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,641 ******
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.wfxrtv.com/news/police-gun-goes-off-at-walmart-as-it-falls-off-mans-pants/
I have seen this subject discussed on another forum.
What to do with your gun when you go to a public toilet.

Comments

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem does not lie with the gun carrier, it lies with the designers of the stall.

I built an outhouse at my cabin. It is large enough I can take off my coat without skinning my knuckles on the walls. There are hooks for hanging stuff such as a hat, a jacket, a couple pistols, binoculars, and a rifle. There is a holder for a cold beverage and a shooting stick leaning in the corner should a deer try sneaking through the holler while I am enjoying my answer to nature's call (with the door propped open).

There are also 2 tp holders. Both filled with top quality wiping paper.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    The problem does not lie with the gun carrier, it lies with the designers of the stall.

I built an outhouse at my cabin. It is large enough I can take off my coat without skinning my knuckles on the walls. There are hooks for hanging stuff such as a hat, a jacket, a couple pistols, binoculars, and a rifle. There is a holder for a cold beverage and a shooting stick leaning in the corner should a deer try sneaking through the holler while I am enjoying my answer to nature's call (with the door propped open).

There are also 2 tp holders. Both filled with top quality wiping paper.

You forgot to mention the 3 black widows living under the board next to the hole. :lol:
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoulder holsters solve a lot of problems. This is one of them. In this case a pocket holster might have worked. If all else fails, pull your head out of your * and watch what you?re doing.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't have a pistol that goes off when dropped. that's another plus about plastic striker-fired guns, most of them have a firing pin safety and drop safety ...like a Glock... I have a shoulder holster and a Glock. no worries. won't get snatched by the monkey in the other stall either.
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simple answer really ..................... NEVER USE A PUBLIC TOILET !!!!!
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is where wearing a "cover garment" comes in super handy. First choose stall with a hook, hang vest on hook, put pistola in vest pocket, do your "doodie", and no problems.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,641 ******
    edited November -1
    ?I wouldn't have a pistol that goes off when dropped.?
    Maybe he was carrying a SAA with a bullet under the hammer.