In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CUSS WORDS! ?%#(%%&#>

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Spent all day Monday cleaning up the house from the Estate that I'm helping out with. Furniture, clutter, garbage, yada yada yada into a dumpster. With the holidays we decided to take a few days off. Went up there this morning to find out some a holes went thru the dumpster and unloaded half of the crap we loaded up and set it out, probably with the intent of coming back for it. Well, in the process of reloading it I was throwing a solid wood headboard over the side of the dumpster and caught my wittle 'ol finger between the top of the dumpster and the headboard. Luckily it was about 20 degrees out so my hands were kinda numb. Finally got done and took my gloves off. Blew the whole side of my finger out. All black, blue and bloody. Last time I did that was when I smashed it between a cheater bar and a tilt deck trailer while securing an excavator down. Told myself that I shouldn't do that again. How forgetful I am after 30 years,,,,,

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sonofabitchin' people that can't leave stuff that ain't their's alone REALLY pizz me off........

Sorry about your finger toad, mine hurts just hearin' about it.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I supervised a crew of mostly Mexican workers who would work on fixing empty houses the company owner was flipping...

He would buy two cheap used televisions and leave them on in the living room and master bedroom - park a detailed but high mileage dirt cheap car in the driveway - and put candle lights in the front windows of the empty house...

That cut down on garbage pickers and dumpster divers and kids throwing rocks through windows or metal thrives looking for aluminum and copper...

Mike
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,382 ******
    edited November -1
    OUCH! That sounds painful Toad! Reminds me of the time I was working on a garage door opener. Closed that dang door on two fingers of my right hand! Was all alone with nobody but me at home and the scream I let go would have won me an Oscar in a low budget horror movie!

The tip of my 2nd finger from my pinky finger is a bit larger and flatter than the others to this day! Some 20 years or so later.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    RE:How forgetful I am after 30 years,,,,,

As I approach 70, I have transitioned from "how much can I get done today" to "take your time and don't hurt yourself". I have also given up gravity (climbing ladders and working on roofs). Hope you heal well.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pinched my pinky finger about 10 years ago made a V out of fingernail, it did fall off finally. when grew back still has a V in it to this day........ every time I look at it I remember a few of those choice words
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope your finger heals up ok
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The late great Mr. George Carlin did a "stick" presentation on swear words. Funny as He :o:o