In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interesting story- extenuating circumstances?

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Edit: what if some rockers' upbringings are controlled by the rich and powerful so that they couldn't do anything else but become a rocker and powerful people actually pulled some strings to keep this guy out of the service but told him he'd better make it look like his doing?

From Listverse:

"The world could have lost conservative, politically charged rocker Ted Nugent in the Vietnam War?if he hadn?t dodged the draft.
In what has to be one of the most disgusting stories in human history, Nugent avoided fighting the Vietnamese by completely giving up on personal hygiene. He wasn?t opposed to the war, but in his own words: ?Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin? it to it.?
So, 30 days before his physical, Nugent stopped washing. With two weeks to go, he stopped eating anything but junk food. And one week before the physical, he stopped going to the bathroom. ?I did it in my pants,? Nugent proudly told an interviewer. ?Poop, piss, the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.?
Finally, Nugent snorted a little crystal meth and went into his physical, where he promptly got kicked out. He then bragged about it to a magazine.
The strangest part of this is how proud of this story Nugent is. ?I?d make an incredible army man,? he said, ?but I just wasn?t into it. I was too busy doin? my own thing, you know?? "

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******
    edited November -1
    Should have stripped him down and took the fire hose to him.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jimmie Hendrix served in one of our elite airborne units...

Mike
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jimmie Hendrix served in one of our elite airborne units...

Mike

And was given a general discharge.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was unaware of that...

No offense intended to our vets.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Elvis Presley served...

(Is that better?)

Mike
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the other hand - I served (not in war), but

- cannot play a guitar

- or sing

- or dance

;)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my view it would not have been a big loss. Never cared for his brand of noise.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He would have been well served to have been a man and face it either like those who served or to have been a man like those who honorably opposed service such as did Muhammad Ali.

Now, Nugent is all Mr. Patriot - phony as a three dollar bill.

In the mold of Rush Limbaugh, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton, and yes, President Bone Spur.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the other hand - I served (not in war), but

- cannot play a guitar

- or sing

- or dance

;)

Ditto ... all except gave Uncle Sam my 2 years including a year in SE Asia '67-68. An experience I shall never forget.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How degrading!

He should have done what the Orange Haired Draft Dodger did: have Daddy get a note from his doctor, saying that he had heel spurs.

Neal
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is a draft dodger.

What I don't understand is why? If you think you are going to get drafted why not join the Navy or USAF where you will not be humping a Ruck in the suck. Do your time and drive on.

1 in 10 who served in VN were wounded or killed. 70% were volunteers who fought in VN.

https://www.uswings.com/about-us-wings/vietnam-war-facts/
    RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad was in the Army 32 years. ABN CSM. WWII, Korea, Vietnam. I always wanted to go in the Service. I was on the Delayed Entry Program, and enlisted 1/2 through my Senior year. I was considered "underweight," for my height. (6' 1") in great shape though. When I graduated and went to the inprocessing station I was "underweight" I drank as much water as I could, all day long, until I thought I was going to be sick. Finally managed to make weight by 1#.

Some people fight to get in, not take some P***y way out. I was the "Super Jock," in my Basic Platoon. No-one could touch my PT scores. "Honor Grad," in AIT, etc. "Commandants list" in NCO Academy & Secondary MOS (Accelerated for NCO's/Officers.) Etc.

Wish I had stayed in. (Should have.)
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wonder how AMERICA will survive when the remaining few get "rights" and free checks for simply existing like ticks and leeches......while pizzing and moaning how bad they got it.....remember those that said they would leave and DID NOT ?????...think there should be high school age required visits or tours to some foreign chithole required before graduation as an eyeopener to how good it is in the USA... compared....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    wonder how AMERICA will survive when the remaining few get "rights" and free checks for simply existing like ticks and leeches......while pizzing and moaning how bad they got it.....remember those that said they would leave and DID NOT ?????...think there should be high school age required visits or tours to some foreign chithole required before graduation as an eyeopener to how good it is in the USA... compared....

Some People do not have a Freakin' Clue. Never have, never will.
  • Options
    HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    IMO the service isn't for everybody. Some thrive in it, some tolerate it and some just aren't military material. I knew/know quite a few who just aren't cut out for military life and likely wouldn't last an enlistment without going to jail.

For those who dodged for purely selfish reasons, I have no respect. For those who dodged out of fear, I have no respect. Those who dodged because they just knew it wasn't for them get a pass IMO. Those who dodged because they were the real deal objectors get a pass IMO.

I did about the same for my little brother, coached him on how to flunk the medical. Then I re-enlisted and did his tour for him. My brother was big 6'6" 230, solid muscle. He was easy going and personable. Screw with him a little too much and he'd kill you. I really couldn't see him lasting a year in the military.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nugent had two student deferments, high school and college, then a 1-Y "suitable only in time of war or national emergency" which was down graded to 4-F when 1-Y was discontinued.

He claims that he made up the story posted here for a drugged up interviewer from High Times.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I met and spoke to him in the middle 70s. Yes he was wild and crazy. Who knows what he could have done with an M60.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nugent had two student deferments, high school and college, then a 1-Y "suitable only in time of war or national emergency" which was down graded to 4-F when 1-Y was discontinued.

He claims that he made up the story posted here for a drugged up interviewer from High Times.

Well, that makes him a double Snit.

I had reservations about the "snorted a line of Meth," comment. He was supposedly Drug free. A conflict with his band mates. He has stated that, numerous times. Is it believable? I don't know.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is also Pedophile.

I cannot stand him.
    RLTW