In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who Will Protect Us From An Unpatriotic Patriot Act?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Politics
Well it's not The Democrats or Republicans who wish to hold on to absolute power with police state powers! Tell the big lie just like Adolf Hitler said to
do!

serf

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/betraying-constitution-who-will-protect-us-unpatriotic-patriot-act
The legislation passed the Senate with a bipartisan 74-to-20 vote. It squeaked through the House of Representatives with a 231-192 margin. And it was signed by President Trump?who earlier this year floated the idea of making the government?s surveillance powers permanent?with nary a protest from anyone about its impact on the rights of the American people.

Spending bill or not, it didn?t have to shake down this way, even with the threat of yet another government shutdown looming.

The Patriot Act drove a stake through the heart of the Bill of Rights, violating at least six of the ten original amendments?the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Amendments?and possibly the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments, as well.

The Patriot Act also redefined terrorism so broadly that many non-terrorist political activities such as protest marches, demonstrations and civil disobedience are now considered potential terrorist acts, thereby rendering anyone desiring to engage in protected First Amendment expressive activities as suspects of the surveillance state.

Comments

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I questioned the new TSA rules that were implemented right after 9/11 since I was doing a lot of flying.

I experienced many things that I did not feel were proper in my America. Law-abiding Americans were being subjected to extreme scrutiny while "anti-profiling" was letting "terrorist-looking" passengers walk around security, giggling.

The answer I heard from congress as well as individuals I respected was, "If you don't want to be subjected to TSA searches, scrutiny, watch lists, etc., well then, just don't fly."

What kind of answer is that? If I don't want my rights violated I should just hide?
    What happened to free movement?
    "Your travel papers,comrade?"

If they take my 2nd Amendment rights by confiscating guns, should I build a bunker in the wilderness and hide there in solitude with my gun and, voila, I still have my 2A rights?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    I questioned the new TSA rules that were implemented right after 9/11 since I was doing a lot of flying.

I experienced many things that I did not feel were proper in my America. Law-abiding Americans were being subjected to extreme scrutiny while "anti-profiling" was letting "terrorist-looking" passengers walk around security, giggling.

The answer I heard from congress as well as individuals I respected was, "If you don't want to be subjected to TSA searches, scrutiny, watch lists, etc., well then, just don't fly."

What kind of answer is that? If I don't want my rights violated I should just hide?
    What happened to free movement?
    "Your travel papers,comrade?"

If they take my 2nd Amendment rights by confiscating guns, should I build a bunker in the wilderness and hide there in solitude with my gun and, voila, I still have my 2A rights?

Remember that old adage Man does not live by bread alone. https://spectator.org/the-power-of-principle-vs-the-principle-of-power/
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Who will protect US from????"
    Everyone stand up and go look in a mirror. That's who will.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To answer the question....
    Smith and Wession, Glock, Anderson Arms, etc.

And we won't have to go looking for a fight. They are going to deliver it to our homes, right here in Virginia.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would like to see the exempted list of ethnicity, quasi religion, and color ???