In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Adults are not adults

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Politics
The republicans pushed it, passed it and President Trump signed it. Had enough yet?

Add not being legal to buy tobacco products to the ever growing list of things supposedly free American adults can't do.

Individual rights and do not mean squat to the republicans, yet so many are blindly following them down the rabbit hole.

Rah rah rah yea yea yea they're not democrats so it's okay.

Comments

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree

we have too many laws and lying politicians
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both parties suck. Until the electorate wakes up and stops accepting these outcomes it will continue. Adding provisions to an unrelated piece of legislation has been going on since day one. If the republicans were serious about reducing government regulations they would put a stop to this. What the heck does smoking age have to do with a spending bill? Guess they'll have to pass it to find out what's in it. Kind of sounds like they all follow the Pelosi handbook. Bob
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jim_lemay wrote:
    Tobacco smoking get the human body hooked on Nicotine. Damn near impossible to break the addiction. If I was not able to obtain Tobacco as a 16 yo, I might have never become addicted. :evil:

If it saves one child . . . :roll:
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    simple solution....if you choose to smoke you register as a smoker and freely do your thing, get your own health insurance ...then when cancer, emphysema, whatever associated with smoking strikes you down you get NADA, NONE, NO medicare , medicaid, govt money of any kind for that healthcare....pay you own way...YOUR CHOICE...
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it interesting you are down on only the Republicans for restricting our freedoms when both parties are guilty with the Dimos being the worse.

And jim_lemay, I suspect, if the government had cut off all your fingers in an effort to keep you from smoking when you were 16, you would have quickly learned to light and hold a cigarette with your toes. :lol:
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    I find it interesting you are down on only the Republicans for restricting our freedoms when both parties are guilty with the Dimos being the worse.

And jim_lemay, I suspect, if the government had cut off all your fingers in an effort to keep you from smoking when you were 16, you would have quickly learned to light and hold a cigarette with your toes. :lol:

Exactly where did you read that? You didn't. But it was the republicans pushing this one. You know, the anti big government party looking out for
    individual right and adherence to the constitution.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your post?

Its ok with me if you want to go back and edit.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feel good legislation after the vape pen scare.Hell ! Anytime the government regulates something it's value increases 2 fold because of their meddling. That plus sin tax like soft drinks and other so called bad habits! But they won't go after obese people who can not control their bad habits with food calories .To much of a hassle to convince half the population their fat.! ! America is unfit in many ways!

serf
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,651 ******
    edited November -1
    Follow the money. The insurance industry is a huge political contributor.