In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

only in WVa..........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
was out at the cabin this week hunting and we were having water issues with well so we went to nearest big town wednsday to get water, closest town with fill station is Cairo, wv, maybe 500 people. you have to go up a few backstreets to get to the fill station and across is the backyards of a few rundown houses. one had few broken down cars and other junk in yard, I looked over and saw, I thought a big fat white dog. I asked my cousin what kind of dog is that? He looked over and laughed and said it was a pig! it was a potbellied pig eating an old deer carcass. I could see the ears of the deer head and thought it was ears on the pig making it look like dog. we just laughed, just before we got done a cat came strolling over and was sniffing the back of the deer carcass, the pig tore after him and chased the cat off, then just looked over across the road at us. he ended up going back and knawling on the carcass some more as we loaded up to leave. poor little pig woulda had a few 357 sized holes in him if he had come across road after us. we could only look at each other and laugh, only in WVa.......

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was it Cartod's place?? :D
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you only seen one in the yard the other three were still in the house.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,732 ******
    edited November -1
    I worked with a guy from WV whose cousin got a lot of his food from the mountains, rivers, and fields. Someone had a potbelly pig advertised ?Free to a good home?. Cousin gave it a good home alright. A #9 skillet.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WV is my favorite state.
  • Options
    castingcasting Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    WV is my favorite state too. It's our eternal indebtedness to our school districts here in PA that inspire my opinion. Now, in PA, those junk cars wouldn't be back behind their houses. They'd be right out front. Where everybody could see them. Because the people around here that live like that are proud of their junk. The more and higher the pile, the better. Old too. Most have been there for years. If the price of scrap quadrupled, it wouldn't matter.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was it Cartod's place?? :D

shooot he lives in a bigger town about 30 miles away out near the airport, he's one of them high faloooten city dwellers.....
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to say it but I know a family that has a pot bellied pig in their house and they keep paper on the floor in the bathroom for the pig to use to do it's business, but the owner has a can there if you wipe your * for the paper
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ya know growing up in WVa in the 50's i realized i grew up around a lot of very strange people, a lot of them in my own family fro Lincoln and boone county. i did not realize this until i was drafted into the military and met other people from different parts of the country. would not have wanted a different life growing up at all, but like i said, WVa has a "very" different culture than a lot of other places i have ever been.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the US Constitution West Virginia is an illegal state. Another unconstitutional act carried out by Lincoln.

I also find it funny when I tell people from WVa they are Yankees, which they most certainly they are ;)

flame on :lol::lol:
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    well my people got there AFTER the war and AFTER a bunch of fn carpetbaggers showed up and stole all the Va. property
  • Options
    edited November -1
    varian wrote:
    well my people got there AFTER the war and AFTER a bunch of fn carpetbaggers showed up and stole all the Va. property

I live BELOW THE MASON DIXON LINE thank you
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WVA is not below the MD line.

It is a state created after the MD line was established and is a Yankee/Northern state and a Illegal state who was part of the Northern states and part of the Union.

The state owes its origin to Lincoln........................sorry
    RLTW

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

It is a state created after the MD line was established and is a Yankee/Northern state and a Illegal state who was part of the Northern states and part of the Union.

Someone's pokin' the bear! :lol:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

Although Maryland is not always considered to be a southern state, the Mason-Dixon Line has become known as the boundary between the North and the South.
    since when is wv located on the map above md?
    GOOGLE MASON DIXON LINE AND LOOK AT THE MAP, or is the maps posted today of no value
    I live not more than 25 miles south of where the sign along the highway states mason Dixon line. are the signs wrong also
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to see the county in live in secede and join the Mountain state. West Virginia was formed because they were tired of Richmond ignoring them. I know how they felt. Better yet, cede Fairfax County to the District of Columbia.
    ?... residents were discontented for years with their position in Virginia, as the government was dominated by the planter elite of the Tidewater and Piedmont areas. The legislature had electoral malapportionment, based on the counting of slaves toward regional populations, and the western white residents were underrepresented in the state legislature. More subsistence and yeoman farmers lived in the west and they were generally less supportive of slavery, although many counties were divided on their support. The residents of this area became more sharply divided after the planter elite of eastern Virginia voted to secede from the Union during the Civil War.?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wva was a state of frontiersmen of mostly scotch/irish decent who neither owned slaves or much of anything else. mostly they wanted to be left alone.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    varian wrote:
    Wva was a state of frontiersmen of mostly scotch/irish decent who neither owned slaves or much of anything else. mostly they wanted to be left alone.

They mined a good bit of coal...that helped to build this country.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In the town of Union, WV, there?s a big statue of a Confederate soldier. Go figure.