In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something new from Sig

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,744 ******
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very neat.

There are a lot of new specialty rounds being developed now. This is kind of cool but I think a lot of old ideas are becoming new again. Long for caliber bullets in cases with a short powder column making an efficient cartridge with long range capability and low recoil. Good times.

Maybe we need to go back and look at the 6.5 TCU and others.................what is old is new again ;)

I don't think the 277 caliber is any better than the the 260/6.5mm.
    RLTW

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Very neat.

There are a lot of new specialty rounds being developed now. This is kind of cool but I think a lot of old ideas are becoming new again. Long for caliber bullets in cases with a short powder column making an efficient cartridge with long range capability and low recoil. Good times.

Maybe we need to go back and look at the 6.5 TCU and others.................what is old is new again ;)

SACRILEGE! HERETIC!!
    May the ghost of Jack O'Connor put a hex on your 6.5!! :lol:
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I ever wanted was a .30-06. :o:o:o
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All these magical new calibers.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,116 ******
    edited November -1
    we've learned here that .270 is not enough for a deer,and anything in .30 caliber blast a deer to shreds.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    3,000 fps from a 16-inch barrel, and produce 2,694 ft.-lbs. of energy.

16 inch barrel! R U kidding me?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shooting the SuperPerformance 25/06 out of my 26" barrel runs 3200 with a 117gr pill. Almost identical energy. So what is this new magical pill sig has made...??
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Very neat.

SACRILEGE! HERETIC!!
    Nice reference ;)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Very neat.

SACRILEGE! HERETIC!!

Actually O'Connor liked the .280 much better than the .270, but once he said you could take any North American game with .270, he felt like he was stuck with it. He proved he was correct too. But he still liked .280 better.