In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auto makers cut thousands of jobs and closed factories

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Politics
And the Jobs are not coming back! Just see how Tesla makes electrical vehicles now,yep very little humans involved! Of Course, you can retrain for service sectors jobs with two thirds cut in pay as they allow in millions of illegals to siphon off your benefits when you retire! It's Ronald Reagan trickle down theory in reverse! :D They the politicians have sold out the middle class here plain and Simple and President Trump cannot deliver his promise of new good paying jobs because your not smart enough anymore to be valuable to World Corporation's workforce. Wake up and get in the welfare line for basic food hand outs if you lucky!

serf
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/automakers-cut-jobs-close-factories-to-save-billions-in-2019.html

The company?s global workforce of 199,000 employees as of Dec. 31, 53,000 of them in Europe, will be notably smaller next year. The European cutbacks were widely expected and follow on other layoffs announced earlier this year. They come as the Detroit-based automaker struggles to reverse years of losses in the U.S. Since Jim Hackett was named CEO two years ago, Ford has launched a number of worldwide cost-savings measures, but company officials say the cuts announced Thursday also reflect a planned shift from conventional, gas and diesel-powered vehicles to electric and other battery-powered cars.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a good pack of cur dogs and sled with wheels :lol:
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $40,000+ for a POS U.S. made vehicle?

I gave up and went Toyota. Still over-priced but better quality.

Let me apologize to the snowflakes for not buying American but my first loyality lies with me and mine. We cannot afford a new vehicle every 2 or 3 years.
    If you can, order a new one today.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:

Let me apologize to the snowflakes for not buying American but my first loyality lies with me and mine. We cannot afford a new vehicle every 2 or 3 years.

I didn't know I was a snowflake for buying U.S. products. The last two vehicles replaced were a 10 year old Chevrolet Traverse and a 10 year old chevy truck. The only warranty work was 1 time on the Traverse and never on the truck. With normal maintenance they ran like new when we traded them in. Pretty good for them being POS's. Any more it seems to me that their are just as many recalls on foreign stuff as there is domestic. Most are manufactured here by the same quality of worker that assembles Ford or GM. Living in Michigan I was turned off by how fast some of these foreign built vehicles rust compared to the domestic production. We all have anecdotes about vehicle quality but I choose to keep most of the money spent here in the U.S. It's still sort of a free country and you can spend as you see fit. Bob
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    bustedknee wrote:

I didn't know I was a snowflake for buying U.S. products. The last two vehicles replaced were a 10 year old Chevrolet Traverse and a 10 year old chevy truck. The only warranty work was 1 time on the Traverse and never on the truck. With normal maintenance they ran like new when we traded them in. Pretty good for them being POS's. Any more it seems to me that their are just as many recalls on foreign stuff as there is domestic. Most are manufactured here by the same quality of worker that assembles Ford or GM. Living in Michigan I was turned off by how fast some of these foreign built vehicles rust compared to the domestic production. We all have anecdotes about vehicle quality but I choose to keep most of the money spent here in the U.S. It's still sort of a free country and you can spend as you see fit. Bob

It will be electrical cars that are going to becoming on line very soon,New Battery technology with A.I. manufacturing and there will be little use for even skilled labor in the factories,Trains,Semi trucks will also be automated and will need little of skilled human operators.

Who they sell it to when no Men can find good paying middle class jobs is anybodies guess! Maybe women in service industries can fill the hole after all they have the lion share of non manufacturing jobs.Trans humanism will destroy the patriarchalsociety & is dead and common men will be the biggest losers.Bet on it! I suggest all young men to get this e-book for free.

serf

Women first men last is the name of the book on Amazon,the link is being blocked.

With nearly every indicator of success in our society showing men on the decline and women on the rise, "Women First, Men Last" is a must read for every man in America. The book seeks to throw light on the discrimination and bias that men suffer from in such spheres as the court system, health care, education, the media, politics, the workplace, selective service, and the family, debunking along the way the many feminist myths that have come to be accepted as fact in our grossly misinformed society
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy, you are only a snowflake if your head explodes because you can't control my actions (purchasing a Toyota).

There is a truck plant near me that employs family friends and neighbors. They make big money working the assembly line. BIG MONEY! Most have little training, little education, and little drive yet the union gets them unbelievable wages.

Of course, the mfr is also knocking down huge profits as well. It appears to me American Industry is trying to put themselves out of business.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    BobJudy, you are only a snowflake if your head explodes because you can't control my actions (purchasing a Toyota).

There is a truck plant near me that employs family friends and neighbors. They make big money working the assembly line. BIG MONEY! Most have little training, little education, and little drive yet the union gets them unbelievable wages.

Of course, the mfr is also knocking down huge profits as well. It appears to me American Industry is trying to put themselves out of business.

Probably there were some people who said the same thing about American industry when Henry Ford raised wages to the unheard of amount of 5 dollars a day ;). I guess the more things change the more they stay the same. Workers have always adapted but automation may be their biggest challenge.

As automation takes over our lives it will affect a lot of things besides manufacturing. When all cars are autonomous how will bank robbers and other crooks flee? Of course by then we probably won't have free standing banks.

Zager and Evans, "In The Year 2525" may have been truer than we thought at the time. Bob