In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marc1301 -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Took your advice and ordered a top line Nasal set up. (Phillips Resperonics Dreamwear Nasal Mask)
Christmas sale $84 + shipping. ($95 total.) I stumbled across a nasal spray yesterday, that seems to open up my nasal passages. (0.05% Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride.) I am hopeful this will work.

Getting sent a return shipping label for full refund on the two masks I've been trying (with no success) to use. I never used to be Claustrophobic, but with my current breathing issues, (that have gotten much worse over the last 8-10 month's,) I am now. I have tried repeatedly to use them, but have to rip them off in fairly short order.

I appreciate the hook up /link to this Co. (CPAP.com) they have been absolutely Awesome to deal with.

Just wanted to say Thank You, for all your help and advice from a novice/new to this stuff guy.

-Ken-

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope it works for you and you get some sleep!
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    I hope it works for you and you get some sleep!

Thanks Sam.

The last couple months have been kicking my *. Claustraphobic to the max. Only been getting about 3-4 hours sleep per night for months now.

Been getting out of bed (giving up) anywhere from 12:30 - 2:30/3:00 am for almost a month and a half now.

Been some long nights. I dread them.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never used that setup you ordered, but it's quite popular and has high ratings. I simply tried to find one that had the least amount of contact with my face, and that didn't have continual leak issues.

The two I use short of when I'm sick, or sinuses firing up badly are the ResMed P10, and the F&P Brevida. Both are extremely comfortable, and let you sleep on your side with no issues,...(or I should say they allow me to.) Very minimal headgear, and they do not need to be tight to avoid leaks. Both are virtually leak proof on me after I spend ten seconds seating them correctly. I can take both off/on in the middle of the night if I have to take a leak with no issues as well. The Brevida comes with a quick disconnect which makes it easy to just pop free, and hit the head with it still on your face.

I'm pointing this out on the off chance you don't care for the one you ordered, but I'm sure you'll do just fine after getting used to it.

http://tinyurl.com/y67nqea3

http://tinyurl.com/ycvxucrb

You are more than welcome for the small amount of help I have attempted to give, and I truly hope you find a way to get some healthy, and restful sleep soon.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Marc1301. I will make a note of the two, you have put forth.

(Again) Being new to this CPAP/BPAP thing, any advice is appreciated.

I liked the one I purchased because it feeds into the headgear, at the top back of your head, on a swivel. The nose gear is hollow on each side, feeding to the nostrils. Supposed to be one of the best for those that sleep on your side, (Me) Claustraphobic, (Me) and active sleepers. (Me.)

I am really hopeful this will work for me. I am somewhat desperate, due to lack of sleep.

Really glad I can get a refund for about $200 worth of full face masks I can not use. I really tried, hard. Just couldn't do it. Hard to describe. This whole Claustraphobic issue is somewhat new to me. (Been building over the last 8-10 months.) Really bad about now, even with nothing on my face.

Again, I appreciate your insight, and help in this regards.

-Ken-