In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 1895 SDG LTD

bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Marlin 1895 SDG LTD, 45-70 , #27 of 501

Anyone happen to know the current value of one?
I only found two both sold they were $1200 & $1400 wow and none currently anywhere that I can find.

I have one, bought it on the auction side years ago new, it's never never fired outside the factory, been in the safe all these years, if memory serves, I paid around $700 for it.

Yeah, I still have the box. ;)
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not real familiar with that model since it's a bit out of my Marlin collection range. However, it's worth good $$, and if you decide to sell it, make sure it's marketed correctly.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm familiar with A Marlin 1895 SDT Limited that was a special run for Davidsons stainless with lament straight stock 16.5" barrel and Hi viz sights and 501 made I've bid on a few and they brought way more then I was willing to pay for them
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    savage170 wrote:
    I'm familiar with A Marlin 1895 SDT Limited that was a special run for Davidsons stainless with lament straight stock 16.5" barrel and Hi viz sights and 501 made I've bid on a few and they brought way more then I was willing to pay for them

STP the band or automotive snake oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGUNWYV4QG4
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The STP has a pistol grip stock where the SDT has a straight stock
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a couple of pictures of mine,

aNSBqMOh.jpg

QrUrg6Gh.jpg

This is after I converted it from cross bolt safety to saddle ring. (for some reason I can't get the pic to size correctly).

Dk5mh4Hh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nice looking rifle first time I've heard of that particular run
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check out this website, the two pictures on the lower right are of my rifle with the butt stock cartridge holder that 7X made for me installed.
    http://www.7xleather.com/buttstock_cartridge_holder
    This guy makes superbly crafted leather goods by the way.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage170, I initially thought the same thing then I remembered it is the SDT (Stainless Davidson's Trapper) model that has the straight stock and it has the same trapper barrel but I believe loses the full length magazine.

The STP (stainless trapper) had semi-pistol grip stock and 16 1/4" stock and the SDG (Stainless Davidson's Guide) had a much more common 18 1/2" barrel. They produced 501 of the STP's and most go upwards of $3k (sometimes much more) in mint condition. The SDT had the same production numbers, but usually sells for slightly less than the STP. Due to the relatively common 18.5" barrel length, the SDG seems to have a considerably lower following than the other two runs made at this time for Davidson's. As such, the SDG is much lower priced in the series in spite of it having the same production of 501 produced around 2008. They still should bring around a grand in nice shooter condition. Yours is nicer than most so I'd say you might even get around the $1,500 mark (+/-). The serial range is an easy to remember 95SDG000-95SDG500.

I have two of them. One, a NIB mint example still sitting unfired in the factory box and one that is nice, but a shooter. I bought them about a year apart in 2015 and 2016. The records from my spreadsheet, plus still following the JM Marlin's here on GB is how I came up with my estimate. Yours is also fairly early S/N but probably not close enough the the starting range to influence the price. Also, when JM first ceased production and Remlin's were less than desirable initially, the price on all real JM's went up but I think that craze has curbed somewhat but they still command a premium over later production.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.