In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pentagon Warns Military Personnel about DNA Tests?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Finally, some rational thinking coming from The Pentagon!Of course they do not divulge how and why this may expose military personnel like
biological weapons with pinpoint accuracy for instance.

serf

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-warns-military-members-dna-kits-pose-personal-and-operational-risks-173304318.html

?Exposing sensitive genetic information to outside parties poses personal and operational risks to Service members,? says the Dec. 20 memo signed by Joseph D. Kernan, the undersecretary of defense for intelligence, and James N. Stewart, the assistant secretary of defense for manpower.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you know that the US Government takes a DNA sample from every soldier that deploys?

When you get out/retire you have to fill out forms to have your DNA "removed" from the data base. I did that but once a thing is in a "Data" Base is it ever really gone?

How about facebook and other sites they are much more prone to giving away sensitive info on soldiers. People posting about when they are going on vacation or getting deployed and to where.

I would never have a FB page and even if I did I would not put up sensitive info even if it was kept private.
    RLTW

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion, but, as a member of the military, I am far more concerned with the GOVERNMENT having my DNA than I ever would be about Ancestry.com.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The military takes your DNA so they can confirm the remains. That's ghoulish, but it's true.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky is correct. Same reason they take your prints, and a panoramic dental xray. Notice that they are not adding anyone to the Tombs of the Unknown? They know them.

Anyone that is really paranoid about your DNA, never drink thru a straw and throw it away.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Chinese already hacked the records of every single serviceman, contractor, gov worker, etc.
    I can't see as how Ancestry.com could be any worse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    drobs wrote:
    The Chinese already hacked the records of every single serviceman, contractor, gov worker, etc.
    I can't see as how Ancestry.com could be any worse.

One day soon all people will be categorized by/with It's DNA.Yes you will become an it because all governments will spell out their rights under their constitution and will enforce it. Knowing what and who you are is an inescapable data entry they cannot refuse to enforce law and order. Your medical data probably has it already encoded. The future of medicine is a big part of it soon,anyway.

serf

https://consortium.umn.edu/research/lawseqsm-building-sound-legal-foundation-translating-genomics-clinical-application
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever have a blood test done at your doctor's office? Need I say more?
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's simple, THERE IS ZERO PERSONAL PRIVACY ANYMORE!
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,063 ******
    edited November -1
    ...If you're hearing about it today,,,,
    they've already been doing it for 30 years. ;););)
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "How about facebook and other sites they are much more prone to giving away sensitive info on soldiers. People posting about when they are going on vacation or getting deployed and to where. "

That's at the top of the "dumb stuff" scale. We never slip any info about who's going where or when but the info always seems to slip out somewhere. The command group blames the younger troopies and their girl friends and I generally agree.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mobuck wrote:
    "How about facebook and other sites they are much more prone to giving away sensitive info on soldiers. People posting about when they are going on vacation or getting deployed and to where. "

That's at the top of the "dumb stuff" scale. We never slip any info about who's going where or when but the info always seems to slip out somewhere. The command group blames the younger troopies and their girl friends and I generally agree.

he command group blames the younger troopies and their girl friends and I generally agree.

And that is why our rights get thrown away because of young people with Ideas of what government is and what it can get away with new interpretations
    of what our g-d given rights are now. They say our Constitution and Bill of Rights is a living document and changes over time. In other words they change the rules to fit there NWO conceptions of what is and will be!

Like Abortion,Gun rights, immigration laws,marriage,pansexuality and the list goes on and on until you/we longer have a moral government but a corrupt one! Believe it or not.You are told how to serve and act under their authority period and voting for candidates is a farce with The Supreme Court, lobbyist, Super PACS,lawyers and international corporations calling the shots and not we the people. The Republic is nothing but a religious belief that they buy to rule over you.

serf