In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Diamond BAck Firearms

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
I have a chance to buy a pistol for 189.00 at my daughters pawn shop.

That is what is on the price tag but i am sure i could get it around 130 to 160 depending on what they paid for it.

I know nothing about this company. I do not know anyone that has one or had one. Is it worth buying or is it junk?

I have more than enough guns unless it is a good or great deal.

I am almost to the point if i bring something home something must go. All my safes are full and i do not like leaving a lot of guns out of safes.

Whats the most it is worth or just pass.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you need/want a throw away Saturday night special? I haven't seen a sub $200 pistol I would want in say 30 years.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friend Jill bought a DB 380 a number of years ago, got it home fired 2 shots it jammed half open. We tried everything to clear it, no dice. She brought it back to the dealer, he cleared it sent it to them, they sent it back "fixed". 2 shots later jammed just like the first time.
    The dealer gave her her money back & fought with them about getting his money back. They make boat accessories not guns.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that $100 more than its worth?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carried my 1st generation DB9 since they came out many yrs ago. They make a new gen 4 with a slide lock. Never had an issue with it, recoil is terrible in a 9mm that weighs 11 oz. I just sold it the other day and might buy the newer one but now carry my LC9s which is way way way more accurate.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    I bought a DB380 new for $164. Brought it home, oiled it, and worked the slide about 200 times. It has never failed to shoot.
  • Options
    0rangeD0rangeD Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    I had one, only complaint would be that it wouldn't work with reloads using CCI primers. Out of all the pocket 380s the Kahr would probably be my choice but nothing wrong with the diamondback.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard pass on those things.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to admit this is the first time I've ever heard any thing positive about them and there was more than 1 +comment (2?). :lol:
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,982 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    Isn't that $100 more than its worth?
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ended up with a 380 at a local auction for a similar price. What the heck. Anyway, it works, never jammed or failed to feed, etc.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over the last two or three years we have sold 15 or so of them . Nobody has come back and complained of any problems. The only issue: complaint I am aware of regards the slide being hard to rack . Course that is apparent when checking the pistol out in the store
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pulsarnc wrote:
    Over the last two or three years we have sold 15 or so of them . Nobody has come back and complained of any problems. The only issue: complaint I am aware of regards the slide being hard to rack . Course that is apparent when checking the pistol out in the store

Agreed. Of course a DB9 11 oz 9mm has to tame the recoil somehow. The old gens only regular 115 or 124 gr ammo was to be used. The new gen 4 can take +P ammo or any 9mm ammo . The original is snappy , the new one must be a real snapper.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    Mine came out of the box dry as a bone. I?d wager that most people who buy one never lubricate them. Just buy a box of cheap ammo and if it malfunctions, throw it in the drawer and give bad reviews.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL i do not need any more guns so i guess i will pass.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,982 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dav1965 wrote:

That is what is on the price tag but i am sure i could get it around 130 to 160 depending on what they paid for it.

I know nothing about this company. I do not know anyone that has one or had one. Is it worth buying or is it junk?

I am almost to the point if i bring something home something must go. All my safes are full and i do not like leaving a lot of guns out of safes.

Your daughter owns a pawn shop?
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    austin20 wrote:
    dav1965 wrote:

Your daughter owns a pawn shop?
    I think she is just the manager......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No my daughter does not own a pawn shop like was said she is the manager. She has tried to talk me into financing a pawn shop but i do not have enough money anymore with not working.

She has been the manager about 7 years now. Thats after i paid for college for something else entirely. LOL