In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Workers to train their own replacements?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Politics
Train your off shore replacements is becoming common place now for high skill workers here in The USA,

serf

https://www.axios.com/trump-att-outsourcing-h1b-visa-foreign-workers-1f26cd20-664a-4b5f-a2e3-361c8d2af502.html

Workers described shock and confusion when they were told during a scripted phone call that after a decade or longer at AT&T, they'd have to work for a contractor or resign. Some were told they could not apply for other jobs inside AT&T.
Some were told they were needed for a "knowledge transfer" ? then tapped to train people on work visas or overseas who would replace them.

Trump promised voters he'd end abuses of worker visa programs and save U.S. jobs ? but as he campaigns for re-election, advocates say he hasn't done enough.

Comments

• Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago I managed a business for a large corporation.
    When the corporation sold the business, the new owner came in and said they would not pay me what I had been getting. They wanted me to spend a month training one of the relatives to take over my position. I neither agreed nor disagreed.
    It took about 2 months for the transaction to be completed and the corporation notified me of the date of completion.
    The day of completion, I turned in my resignation, keys, etc. at the new owners offices and walked out ... along with a letter that my fees for training a replacement was 10x what I had been being paid and to notify me in 2 days.
    They contacted me, set up a meeting date/time.........but never showed up.
    :D
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Q&D.......excellent response to their chit