In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

32 GA SHOTGUN

LOOKING FOR .32 ga shotgun. I remember seeing some O/U a few years ago, but can`t find any for sale. "THANKS"

Comments

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Very popular bird gun in South America, scarcer than hen's teeth in the US.  I have a half box of 32 Gauge birdshot that was thrown in with other stuff in a trade, most local dealers have never seen them.  Good luck with your search.  
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    I have one factory loaded round in my collection Remington Express IIRC from back in the 20'-30's I think.  The only shotgun I ever saw was a sxs under lever.  The barrels move forward then pivot off to the left so shells can be inserted or removed.  Duel striker's, cocked by pulling back on a knob, duel triggers.  Was a one off made by a German watch maker so the story goes.
  • VGUN1VGUN1 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    I have a lot of the 32 gauge shotgun ammo. but no gun.   "Thanks" for the help.  VGUN1
  • podpod Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    I have a single shot 32 gauge english hammer gun [1890s] it is a beauty. I use 410 chamber mates in it. it has been reproofed for nitro ammo. the only one I ever saw.
  • VGUN1VGUN1 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    There must be one out there somewhere.VGUN1
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
     Not helping you but I BELIEVE American Arms it was that had some imported. I had one about 12? -16?or so years ago with 90 boxes of ammo. Why I sold it, I don't know?In all my day only one I have owned.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

I have a Belgian clone - patent infringement copy of a Remington model 4 rolling block carbine chambered for 32 gauge Rimfire shotgun shells - it's a take down model and has no rifling / is a smooth bore with a linear 3 brass bead sight set up...

It is reminiscent of the European garden gun pest control pieces often encountered in other countries - but has received some minor functional embellishments and cosmetic improvements so I opine that it was a young boys first gun to carry afield upon adulthood rather than a landscapers / lawn mowers utility tool - and the shells are quite odd often having a brass or copper or pot metal base followed by a rigid cardboard tube section finished with a thinner heavy paper top cap...

The shells are 32 XL RF from fiocchi and eley and CIL / old dominion.

I have some fine small round shot of the type you might recover from a CCI pistol shotshell capsule and some that are analogous to a trap load with #7 1/2 shot and a few that simply contain 3 cast lead discs...

One may fire .32 RF Short soft lead round nosed CASS / SASS style handgun ammo through it but accuracy suffers.

I also have a vintage Ethan Allen brass frame light drop breach falling block single shot stalking rifle in .42 L RF that accepts purpose built bespoke shot shells in addition to its .42 center fire rifle ammo and it's .42 Rimfire rifle ammo...

These guns participated in a series of at least 10 military test and acceptance trials buy post civil was was never officially accepted as part of our national level organizations TO&E...

Several state militias made small run contract purchases but with the onset of rapid advance in patent concept development and a world market flooded with well made but now essentially obsolete post Civil War arms these guns just disappeared - most ending up on the civilian domestic market in the Mormon city of deserets quasi religious small but well trained gendarme as well as approx 10 state capital militias - often issued to senior officers and non coms - often retained by those gents after retirement from the service (mine ended up issued to Connecticut Provo's - and eventually were issued to the folk who ran the lighthouses and rescue boats / life line mortar...

The breech face displays two firing pin holes - so one may convert the gun to fire Rimfire or center fire ammo in a quick and easy fashion..

And let but not least in this the ubiquitous omnipresent readily available H&R / NEF / PARDNER single shot break open 32 gauge shotgun that also comes with everything needed to convert the gun to handle tranquilizer darts...

Mike