In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Virginia Governor Declares State Of Emergency!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

FYI, The rule of law is the hand they play!

serf

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/15/796666321/virginia-governor-declares-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-pro-gun-rally

Fearing potential violence, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is declaring a state of emergency and is banning firearms and other weapons on the Capitol grounds in Richmond ahead of a gun rights demonstration planned for next week.

"We have received credible intelligence from our law enforcement agencies that there are groups with malicious plans for the rally that is planned for Monday," Northam said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭

"there are groups with malicious plans for the rally"

Well, I wonder what the antis plans are....

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

Giddyup

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Cowardly Coonman is obviously scared to death of patriots.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

(This was a double-tap)

This new format sucks. On the laptop it locks on a post if I go there and do anything.

On my Android device it locks up then sometimes ulocks and double posts.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******

There is no gun rights demonstration planned. There are buses of concerned citizens coming from all over the state for Lobby Day. Because of logistics, only a few will be speaking directly to their legislators. The rest of us will be rallying for moral support. Off Capitol grounds.

Word is that there will be some groups there with other than gun rights agendas. The Virginia State Police don’t have a good track record concerning those groups.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Most likely several bus loads of trained and paid protestors on the way right now, And not the pro gun type of protest.

• Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Maybe if he wasn't acting like a TYRANT, the patriots wouldn't feel the need to defend the state from TYRANNY!!

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if the little weasel from the school shooting will be there. Someone might make a statute out of him.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

10 bucks says the intel on violence concerns Antifa and NOT any gun advocates.

coonman is a worm

RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

he is simply trying to manufacture an incident for his side of the issue.........and all it would take is a cub scout with a water pistol to hijack cookies from a girl scout to set into motion the screams from his platform

• Options

is virginia (one of the 13 original colonies) to be renamed Little Russia ?????? news this morning here has several people being arrested as "suspects" who may come to a pro 2nd amendment rally ...the democrat governor is ordaining new powers over the rule of law and order..........should we simply declare hildabeast as the new next president and this would all fade away so the democraps could regale in a revenge takeover of America??????

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Peaceful demonstration.. the libs won't get what they want
  • Options
    and if it is a peaceful  event , gubernator  will take the credit for saving the state from harm, screw the Constitution...and what of those arrested before the fact for maybe going to cause trouble   ??????
  • Options
    bet she gets a life sentence.....unless she can prove she is a muslim