In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Project Blue Book...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
Starts a new season tonight at 10:00 PM ET on the History Channel in case anybody's interested in that kind of stuff. 

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I am interested, is the series good and can I pick it up without seeing the 1st season?
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭
    Total and absolute BS, judging from the trailers. The whole thing has been exaggerated, overblown, and fictionalized since some rancher found tinfoil and sticks from a weather balloon near Roswell. 
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Rriighhtt.............................Just keep believing our Government would not possibly (Ever) Lie to us.

Puhleese. Roswell was "Old School Coverup. Look at the recent stuff.

Viewed recent footage from Gun Camera's, Radar images? "Tic -Tac, Gimble, Go-fast?" No that crap never happened. (Right??) Wake up Brother.

Our Government would Never Lie to us. Would they?? Absolutely not. Puhleese........................

• Options
    Total and absolute BS, judging from the trailers. The whole thing has been exaggerated, overblown, and fictionalized since some rancher found tinfoil and sticks from a weather balloon near Roswell. 
    Calm down Missi, it's a TV show not a documentary. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

The Actual events that have been documented are beyond disturbing. Our Technology/Capabilities, do not even remotely stack up/compare to theirs. We would be absolutely Screwed, if they were indeed Hostile.

Those that think that we are the ONLY entities in the realm of Space, are delusional. Ludicrous on it's face.

Flame on. I do not Care. Those that Deny, are Delusional. Like Sam06, I have seen things in the Boonies, that just can not be explained away. You believe what you want. I will believe what I want, and have seen.

• Options
    edited January 2020

The Actual events that have been documented are beyond disturbing. Our Technology/Capabilities, do not even remotely stack up/compare to theirs. We would be absolutely Screwed, if they were indeed Hostile.

Those that think that we are the ONLY entities in the realm of Space, are delusional. Ludicrous on it's face.

Flame on. I do not Care. Those that Deny, are Delusional.

Maybe instead of being from another planet it could be our gggggggrandkids that have found a way to time travel that come back occasionally such as on a school trip to take a look at their poor old forefathers. They can't mess with things without screwing up their own future so they just look.
    I mean just look at how far we've come in just the past 100 years. If we don't blow the world up how far will the human race advance in say a million years at the rate we're going now. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

So you Think, We are the only Entity, alive in this whole Cosmic Enclave/Universe, all the multiple Universes out there?

Not a plausible Theory in my cognition/recognition of the quantity of Space as it stands.

I personally, believe my Views will be borne out to be True, in the coming years.

I am not afraid to stand up to the Plate, and say that. I do so now.

I have seen things in the Backcountry that were streaking across the Sky, and then reversed direction. A Meteor? Yeah okay. As well as objects/lights being on scene for hours, without moving and without sound, then taking off, in the blink of an eye.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    "So you Think, We are the only Entity, alive in this whole Cosmic Enclave/Universe, multiple Universes?"

Nope didn't say that. I think there's lots of different kinds of life in other universes. I just sort of double any of them have found a way to travel at the speeds it would take to visit one another.

If they have found a way I just can't see a intelligent race of people that would bother flying many millions of lightyears across the universe just so they could probe a man's a.s.s. on a mountain in Tennessee.  :D
  • Options

No problem Brother, you are feel to believe what you want, as Am I.

• Options

No problem Brother, you are feel to believe what you want, as Am I.

What? This is the only response I get for my well thought out smart aleck remark? Looks like I'm going to have to work on some new material. 
  • Options
    I have some weird stuff too out in the boonies.

I believe but I think they are either time travelers or very advanced and may be both.

I cannot imagine travel from star to star the distance is too great it would have to be done by folding space or using some anomaly we cannot detect at this time, like a warp point on the edge of the solar system.
    RLTW

• Options
    No coverup was ever needed at Roswell. There wasn't anything to cover up. Some jokers with an overactive imagination starting telling outlandish stories about a perfectly simple event, and it morphed into an entire genre of idiocy. Are there things being seen in the sky that we cannot explain? Yes. It's been that way since Og first saw a meteor. Og created invisible gods to explain it, and we create alien beings. We're still inventively explaining what we can't explain. And the result is still ludicrous.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Yeah, well, you hold on to that.

The images on Radar, and Gun Camera's, vis a vis the Nimitz "Tic-Tac, Gimble, Go Fast?". Nothing to see here, right?? The latest, but the most credible sightings on record.

Continue to stick your head in the Sand. It will come to light eventually.

• Options
    "The debris recovered by rancher WW Mack Brazel was gathered by the military from the Roswell Army Air Field under the direction of base intelligence officer Major Jesse Marcel. On July 8, 1947, public information officer Lt. Walter Haut issued a press release under orders from base commander Col. William Blanchard, which said basically that we have in our possession a flying saucer. The next day another press release was issued, this time from Gen. Roger Ramey, stating it was a weather balloon. That was the start of the best known and well-documented UFO coverup."

What better way to hide military aircraft testing than to have people think it's a cover up of alien spaceships.
  • Options

Yeah, because we had Flying Saucer type Aircraft in 1947.

Nice cover up. After the initial Ooops.............

Again, no one commenting on the most recent release of the "Gimble, Tic Tac, and Go Fast," gun camera, radar, released data?

• Options
    I did comment on it. I said we still see things we cannot explain. Then I said even though we canNOT explain them, people like you boldly do exactly that by saying they are aliens or secret military projects. Both of which are conclusions you must leap light years high to reach.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

"Yeah, because we had Flying Saucer type Aircraft in 1947.

Nice cover up. After the initial Ooops............."

• Options
    I think some of it is advanced aircraft we are working on. 

That said some is hard to explain and cannot be explained.  I will retain an open mind. 

I remember hearing about some of the early astronauts seeing some weird stuff in space when space was new, even when on the moon.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited January 2020

That particular Project was dismissed as unviable, unworkable shortly after introduction. Not even close. Nice try though.

Nothing even remotely close to what was being observed then, or now.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    That "saucer" also never got higher than what you see in the photo. It was a ground effect machine, only.

The initial "Oooops" at Roswell was the dumb lieutenant making an offhand joke and the press taking it as an official statement. Believe me, BTDT (story too long to tell here, but I did nearly the same thing once.)
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭
    as to the tv show, yes there was a project blue book and lots of unexplainable sightings of different things, that being said hollyweird has again taken a smigen of evidence and blown it into their own wannabee reality.......  watched the first couple then it just went too far out there for me.....
  • Options
    edited January 2020

That particular Project was dismissed as unviable, unworkable shortly after introduction. Not even close. Nice try though.

Nothing even remotely close to what was being observed then, or now.

I think you're missing the whole point. With pictures like the little US flying saucer they could keep the public confused and arguing about whether what they found in Roswell was real or not. Could it have been a military test or was it a real alien spaceship? To this day we're still arguing about it so it worked. Make it look like a cover up. Keep the people in the dark. Maybe it was a balloon or maybe it was little green or gray men who knows? 
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK;
    Project Blue Book was a joke : Done on purpose !
    I can tell that Aliens are real : Just cant tell You how I know !
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Well I thought the show was pretty entertaining tonight. If you like that kind of stuff it's not bad. Anything is better than watching The Curse of Oak Island tv show that's on the same channel. That's the stupidest show ever except for maybe the Kardashian's. 
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,478 ******
    I don't get any of these shows from my antenna only TV reception. Kind of glad about that!
  • Options

Well, if you think we went from "we have recovered a Flying Saucer," to we have some balsa wood sticks and some Mylar from a "Weather Baloon," I have a bridge for sale.

How about the extensive collection of debris by a crapload of Soldiers, and it all being trucked to Wright Patterson Airbase. Normal for "Weather Baloon," debris right?

• Options
    Maybe it was an alien weather balloon? They probably want to check the weather too? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ken, Mylar didn't exist back then. As for the other "facts" they fall into the "I heard that..." category. In other words, they're made-up exaggerated nonsense that got wilder and more impossible with the telling. Occam's Razor, sir. It started with a simple incident and got turned into a wildly interesting but impossible hoax.

You want to hear my similar "oopsie" story?
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to hear your story, Rocky.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to hear your story, Rocky.
    +1 Bob
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Far too many plausible reports to be poo-pooed out of hand.
    Lots of fakes but lots of unexplainable, too.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,240 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to getting the DVD. I like the show being part "X-Files" (in the '50s) with the "Commies" on the ground in the US spying before the "red scare". It's also nice to see the little blonde chick working after "Lost Girl". Also the show makes me kind a want to complete the "X-Files" seasons. They might be real cheap now.
  • Options
    It was 1977. I was a captain and Media Spokesman for the Air Force space program at Cape Canaveral. There was a classified Titan III launch set for the wee hours (That was a huge rocket and it carried big payloads.) I was on duty to answer the hundreds of phone calls that always result from such a launch, from both reporters and the public. It went, the phones lit up, and the first caller was Mary Bubb. Mary was a unique reporter. She was on staff for AP, UPI, and Reuters - the only person ever employed by all three simultaneously. She was an important reporter.
    Her first question was, "What was the payload?" To which I gave the pat and official answer that it was classified and no further comment. She continued to push and pressure me for an answer. I told her that I truthfully did not know what the payload was, and that it was classified. Meanwhile every other phone line is flashing and ringing.
    I couldn't seem to get rid of her, so I finally said, "Mary, you have worn me down. We are returning all the moon rocks."
    Click.
    I answered as many lines as I could from reporters and public and perhaps 30 minutes later, they went quiet. I got a bad feeling and dialed Mary Bubb. "Mary, you know I was just joking, right?" Long silence. "No, I didn't. I already filed with all three services with what you told me!"
    She managed to get all three stories killed, but I came that close to being another frustrated spokesman who made up something crazy just to get a reporter off his back.
    And I'm sure that's exactly what happened at Roswell.