In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

About Dale Earnhardt past Gray London

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
He just passed into the big race track in the sky. Goodbye old friend .. Found this article

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,734 ******
    Wow, never heard that story before.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭
      interesting history thanks
     Dale  E, Richard P, Bill E  , and many more of the old race drivers  I would have like to have met  along with other racers like Mario A and Carol S .  a few old school drag racers like  Don G and John F I got to at least shake hands and say thanks  ( I know so what ) but to a poor old kid it meant a lot . I had no  ball player heroes but racing I had a lot of them . 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The end of that story would have sure been different had Dale not died. Remembering you can count your true friends on one hand.. and Gray was one of those.
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Select Fire, What a great story. If a man has one good friend he is a wealthy man. I am so lucky to have two. My army buddy in Piedmont,SC since 1961 and my hunting partner since 1966, a Berlin trained toolmaker.
  • Options
    Understanding there is most likely a book that is about finished and hopefully the family will get it published. He indeed was the backing for Dales early career and established Earnhardt Racing .