In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I know so what

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,701 ✭✭✭✭
 I was at my family doc a day or so ago .
  he invited me to take a ride in his new toy  ( he knows I like cars  ) its a cobra he built from a fab 5 kit and had a 427 ford 4 speed built and installed in it .  he showed me photos on his phone . he also has a ford pick up and mustang,  safe to say he likes fords ( he also  has a Harley  and his dad and brother go on road trips together ) 
    I know some of you have ridden / drove  in one maybe owned one .or even more exotic cars  but to this poor old boy ,  I have always liked and wanted one which will never come to be  in this life time.  but his offer at least to me was a nice surprise . 
 have to wait till summer rolls around and I am sure he will not give it hell but still will be fun . 

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,129 ******
    Heck yes,that'll be pretty cool.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    They accelerate well. The fab 5 kits are in my opinion the best kit out there. I traded an S10 pickup back in 92 for a Morrision kit at the Charlotte Motor Speedway during the fall autorama. Waited till the show was over and took it out on the track. Running hot laps above the cones they had put on the track . Drove it home 125 mile and got in a downpour and got soaked, even the floorboards had water in them.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭
    Many years ago I got a chance to ride in a 427 Cobra ................. the "pucker factor" is unbelievable, take extra skivvies with you.
    Riding in a 427 Cobra is pretty much like just riding the engine. ;)
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,491 ***** Forums Admin
    Do you know if the 427 is a sideoiler FE, or is it a newer 427 bored/stroked small block? Either way, dang cool!

I know a couple who tried to buy a Cobra in 1966. The ford dealer wouldn't sell them one as he was sure they would kill themselves. He was most likely correct. $6000.00 was the price.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,701 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know if the 427 is a sideoiler FE, or is it a newer 427 bored/stroked small block? Either way, dang cool!

I know a couple who tried to buy a Cobra in 1966. The ford dealer wouldn't sell them one as he was sure they would kill themselves. He was most likely correct. $6000.00 was the price.
     I am almost sure its a big block FE now  as for being a side oilier I will have to ask?  its possible , as  he told me he was keeping to the original theme  of the original cobras he did say he is  running  a carb not fuel injection  . old school was his preference